hunting deer trails

Vince1

HOW, whenevever i hunt i take woods roads, bike trails, and game trails. Have seen deer from afar, heard them in the brush near trails but have yet to get close enough. So i went thriugh the looking glass and into some real deep ish.

Found tons of beds in little spots where u fotta crawll to get to.

So niw im curious. Is it ok to put a stand up back there? Or is that to close to there bedding? Or should i keep to trails leading into it. Read somwhere u gotta hunt the sign. And im just tryin to do mire of that than worrying about how easy it is to get out.

crawl into...???? stay the heck out or educate every deer in that area.. find trail between that and food sit down wind of it... heavy trail are usually doe fam groups.. lighter are more mature bucks usually down wind from mail trail 30 -50 yards.

crawl into...???? stay the heck out or educate every deer in that area.. find trail between that and food sit down wind of it... heavy trail are usually doe fam groups.. lighter are more mature bucks usually down wind from mail trail 30 -50 yards.

Crawled into a few beds this weekend the first was just because i got seperated from the guys i was with. trail i was walking on stopped at a thicket so i kept going and bam not to far in it was open as hell with beds. done that a few times and always find beds, seems like itss no problem for me to find beds.

i do have issue with finding food, i look 4 scat to be sure if its food, if i find deer poop i usually find food close thats my tell tail sign.  other than white oaks i dont know really how to tell what they eat in the woods. but when i find deer poop i usuallly find white oaks close. but with all the leaves its hard as hell to find the deer poop now.

every time i think i figure it out, something comes up to throw me off.

LOVE walking the woods though, but its like finding a needle in a haystack when looking for a stand spot. and yeah i carry a lighter to check the wind

Vince1.....You might think about just slowing down a bit, find a confluence of a few trails, hang a stand for a couple or three different winds and hunt.

Don't go busting through the brush and woods wily nilly if you want to hunt that area now..........Forget about scouting now as it's darn near impossible for most people to even find trails with all the falling leaves now.  Wait until winter and early spring and THEN hit it hard.

Make notes, take pictures, mark trails (with permission) and THEN you'll be scouting right.

All the best................