Letchworth

alwaysarchery67

heres a rrecap of our week at the cabins... Tuesday morning my buddy shot a 150 inch giant. high shoulder shot, we never found him unfortuantely. he was sick, literally. The next day I missed about a 120 8. he was chasing and i rushed my shot. Saturday morning another buddy hit a giant 12 pointer. We tracked for 2 miles in and out of private property with the park police helping us, never found him. We saw over 20 different bucks and took two does. heartbreaking week with he three missed bucks. we will be back the 11th-18th

Sound like an exciting week although what a shame on the deer not found. Ill. Be there again Friday then Monday or Tuesday. Gotta get it done cause my season will be over then. That park drives me nuts,, although I really haven't had the time to put into more scouting

Then ill look forward to our 3d winter league in January

heres a rrecap of our week at the cabins... Tuesday morning my buddy shot a 150 inch giant. high shoulder shot, we never found him unfortuantely. he was sick, literally. The next day I missed about a 120 8. he was chasing and i rushed my shot. Saturday morning another buddy hit a giant 12 pointer. We tracked for 2 miles in and out of private property with the park police helping us, never found him. We saw over 20 different bucks and took two does. heartbreaking week with he three missed bucks. we will be back the 11th-18th

Non typical bucks next year.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds about what we went thru over the weekend..Well without the 150's  Its hard to hear about those monsters getting wacked and then lost. It happens!  Lets hope those boys recover. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I believe next week will be the week that you see some rackers hanging in the cabin areas!

We didn't do so well. I saw 6 doe and missed one(stupid).My buddy saw 5 doe but couldn't get a shot.Sun was awful with the wind.I did see one beautiful buck when I was walking to my stand.Enjoyed being there though.

Glad to meet ya down here buddy. Monday was a good day all in all...8pt and 2 does down. Headed back down now for an all-Day-er!

I've had 4 all day sits during bow in 3 different stands and was disappointed with the lack of movement and mature buck sightings (2) and nothing over 115 or so.

150 and 12 pts ?  nothing on the trail cameras close to that but it's a big place and I'm sure they are there.

GM

I thought I would see more movement too although it was windy Sun.  I also thought I would see more young bucks walking around,or any for that matter.I'm sure I would see more down below.

hey Mike, Nice to meet you guys this week. Good luck the next few days. Well last friday I got it done. Biggest buck Ever... Also Biggest buck I've seen in the park.

Yeah Buddy!!!  He is an awesome park buck.  I took a nice 8pt this morning. They are still on their feet down here on the park!

Not to point out my ignorance here but are you guys hunting these deer with bow or firearms. I keep reading this thread and see that there are big bucks being seen and several big ones shot and lost, but I'm not clear what the method of hunting is. Also, if it is firearms season in this Park, why, if it is not northern zone. And lastly, what is this Letchworth Park like that it holds so many of these big deer?