Wertheim

Sogaard

No, they rescheduled the scouting day to 10/19 and I had to do something for my kids that day so I couldn't get out there.  I did some "google scouting", but that's about all I could do. I figure I'll go in blind the first day, but if I have no luck that morning, I'll scout/stalk the afternoon and hopefully find a good set up for the evening and the next day.

Have you guys hunted there before?  Did you have any luck?

I've hunted there with both bow and shotgun.......I think I took 4 deer out of the 6 times I've hunted there. It's definitely not like shooting fish in a barrel like some probably think. The last two times I saw nothing but bucks, off limits until you take a doe.

• Like 1

I've hunted there a few times. always had bucks right under me, but couldn't shoot since I didn't get a doe yet.  I got picked for the November bpw spot, but got a call that scouting was cancelled due to goverment closure. Most of the people that hunt in there are aces, I know that some people had some bad expierinces a few years ago.  Just make sure you follow the rules to a Tee, if you have any questions call the Ranger station. I was able to get my doe right away 2 years ago, then  I didn't see a buck after that.  Maybe this year will be different. Good Luck guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...