They are on their...

growalot

feet at 10-through now...I went out because they had tore up a section of fencing ...and I needed to get it fixed...was going to take and move the decoy while I was at it and return a couple of cards...didn't even make it half way down the drive and look up to see a 6pt staring at me...80 yrds away... standing next to my two 3d targets...I froze and he finally wondered off...OK change of plans ...just go fix fence....done...I start coming back and out pops a big doe 50 yrds away...she turns and trots a few yrds and we do the freeze...finally she turns back and walks away passing me...

Heck ...now I want that decoy moved...so I hit the car to see if there is anyone about I might bump deer to...hhhmmm one vehicle...so I know where not to go... go back home and get him set and all covered up and stones cleared away and leafs to be quiet...head back and decide might as well check a trail and stand not used yet....made noise so figure any thing around is gone....

Get half way to stand and catch movement infront of me...freeze and wait for head to clear the tree...30 yrds directly in front of me headeed for....the stand...it is a wide heavy beamed 10pt!!!..great me no weapon....now he was coming up from the direction of where I'd just left the decoy....just slowly walking along ...I waited 10 mins and decided to continue slowly...not long enough...he'd past the stand and was circling back into the woods...no snort just a flag and he was gone...main beams as big around as...hhmmm ......a CVS bottle of 150 acetaminophen...lol...my fingers don't meet when wrapped around it....Now this has me change up again...taking some pain meds and doing all day sits...or morning to 3pm

I was out til' 10 this AM. No sightings, but did hear a faint grunt or 2.

last evening I let 3 doe pass at 20 yds. One of them was grunting the whole way as she passed and as luck would have it, the buck came through after shooting light. I couldn't see him, but he sounds big

feet at 10-through now...I went out because they had tore up a section of fencing ...and I needed to get it fixed...was going to take and move the decoy while I was at it and return a couple of cards...didn't even make it half way down the drive and look up to see a 6pt staring at me...80 yrds away... standing next to my two 3d targets...I froze and he finally wondered off...OK change of plans ...just go fix fence....done...I start coming back and out pops a big doe 50 yrds away...she turns and trots a few yrds and we do the freeze...finally she turns back and walks away passing me...

Heck ...now I want that decoy moved...so I hit the car to see if there is anyone about I might bump deer to...hhhmmm one vehicle...so I know where not to go... go back home and get him set and all covered up and stones cleared away and leafs to be quiet...head back and decide might as well check a trail and stand not used yet....made noise so figure any thing around is gone....

Get half way to stand and catch movement infront of me...freeze and wait for head to clear the tree...30 yrds directly in front of me headeed for....the stand...it is a wide heavy beamed 10pt!!!..great me no weapon....now he was coming up from the direction of where I'd just left the decoy....just slowly walking along ...I waited 10 mins and decided to continue slowly...not long enough...he'd past the stand and was circling back into the woods...no snort just a flag and he was gone...main beams as big around as...hhmmm ......a CVS bottle of 150 acetaminophen...lol...my fingers don't meet when wrapped around it....Now this has me change up again...taking some pain meds and doing all day sits...or morning to 3pm

Good luck grow....   get that 10.

• Like 1