done with the DEC, waist my time

verminater71

I reported a guy that I knew had taken 3 bucks during bow (he posted pics on a social media site). I filled out the online form, at least I did the right thing because this idiot had the balls to post it on facebook. An officer called me back and asked his address, I said I didn't know but gave him the town and name. He said "there's not much we can do, I'll have someone run his name. You know people can post whatever they want online right?" I said "yeahhhh ok, you're welcome" and hung up. Prick.

totally agree with you. The ECO I had dealings with ( I won't mention name but he's one of 2 ECO's in 4r) was a total Delta Bravo. I'm not saying they're all like that but many are. I had better luck with Troopers. The one thing that really bothers me about the DEC is the fact that they can just walk right in your house. I think that is totally wrong and should not be allowed w/o a warrant or at least Prob. Cause. Now the old ECO from my area was a tough as nails, no-nonsense/you don't wanna mess with me guy named Jim Volker but he was a very fair and understanding man. We really miss him in our area. When I first started hunting my Dad and I went up to our land for the bow opener and 5 min. after we walked into the woods we saw a doe, 4ptr., and a huge 8 cruising in a ravine below us. As soon as they vanished out of sight we hear BOOM ! Long story short we saw some clown climbing out of a tree stand with a bow and his rifle over his shoulder. He shot the 8ptr. with a rifle on opening day of bow. We disarmed him and walked him out of the woods and called DEC. There was no ECO available so they sent a trooper. They arrested the guy and he lost his hunting privleges for however many years. We called ECO Volker and asked if we could get the antlers of the deer and he actually tracked them down and gave them to us. Thats the type of guy he was. They don't have ECO's like that anymore and if there are they are far and few between.

care to share the initials? I'm in 4R and am familiar with two ECO's

About 5 years ago I called some number, got bounced around line to line and got nothing out of it to report a similar issue.  Then two years ago I called an ENCON Officer directly and he met me at my truck within 30 minutes and he even came out of his zone to assist! I still carry his business card with me, very professional and polite, Corey Schoonover from Herkimer County.