Know your target and beyond . . .

Deerthug

I can't understand why the kid on this video would take such a shot with two other deer standing so close and parallel to the front one. I also don't get how people could congratulate him in the comments. I'm happy for the kid getting his first with a bow but you would think this kid's dad would tell him to wait until the other two doe clear the area. Way to teach the young ones . . .

I saw that video a few months back and was disgusted he took that shot, he killed a doe with her fawn that just lost its spots. I can only imagine how long that second deer suffered before it finally expired. Now I love hunting and will probably hunt as much as I can as often as I can until the day I die. That said, this video is a horrible stain on true hunters everywhere, if nothing more than the second deer having to suffer unduly due to poor shooting/shooting when there was a second animal that would become collateral damage.

• Like 1

glad the little man got his first deer and with a bow non the less but dad's not teaching his son some good ethics from the get go! one he should have waited till they broke up a little and two anyone else notice the Cmere deer powder sprinkled all over the ground? may be legal in some southern states but I personally do not condone baiting deer to a specific location like that.. food plots are one thing, but a specific pin point location with something that isn't growing out of the ground , naaaa .... thats not hunting .....     now baiting for hogs is another thing being from FL originally cause they are a nuisance and overpopulated but deer naaaa..