Sunday funday

Burden24

Sunday looks to be an awesome day here in WNY!! High of 38, NNW wind 10-15 mph, snow showers expected in the morning, and a new moon!!! I think we see some good ones taken this weekend boys......even Saturday looks decent as well when this crazy wind dies down tonight they should be up and moving in the am. Best of luck to all.

• Like 2

While Sunday seems to be a favorite here, and for good reason...Saturday looks equally impressive. Sat. a.m. will have good movement from deer as the winds subside. Better still, is the afternoon, as the cold front that everyone is hyped up about on Sunday, actually passes through wNY between 5-6 p.m. The incoming front, rain, and pressure drop will have deer on their feet tomorrow afternoon. It's not a day to be slow to getting to the afternoon stand...get there early, settle in, ride out the rain, and be ready.

EDIT. I read this wrong ,I thought we were talking Sat.

I ll be out Sat.AM for sure, can't wait. For reasons Phade said plus, last Monday I hung a stand in a really promising spot.

A rare clearing in my 15acres of heavy brush, all tore up 20 yards in from corn field.

Edited by Larry302

While Sunday seems to be a favorite here, and for good reason...Saturday looks equally impressive. Sat. a.m. will have good movement from deer as the winds subside. Better still, is the afternoon, as the cold front that everyone is hyped up about on Sunday, actually passes through wNY between 5-6 p.m. The incoming front, rain, and pressure drop will have deer on their feet tomorrow afternoon. It's not a day to be slow to getting to the afternoon stand...get there early, settle in, ride out the rain, and be ready.

You should not have posted this as all the ethics police will be on you for potentially shooting a deer in the rain! :biggrin:

You should not have posted this as all the ethics police will be on you for potentially shooting a deer in the rain! :biggrin:

I'm not worried about the ethics police. Rain typically comes before the front passes. I said ride it out. Not slaughter bambi in Hurricane sandy downpour. Ha.

• Like 2

I agree Saturday should be equally impressive, a lot of big deer have been taken when high winds suddenly subside. I was just excited at the thought of snow Sunday morning, we don't seem to get that very often during bow season anymore!

• Like 1