Doe and fawns

Kot2B

What is everyone's thought on this? The last few sits I've seen does with fawns. The one doe has a button with her, she is a big ol' cow. I've read that doe will push the buttons away from the area and older mature doe will chase bucks. Is there any truth to this? I've always felt I shouldn't be the one who decides when the fawn and doe aren't together any more so I've never felt comfortable shooting a doe with fawn.

Whether you kill the doe or nature takes its course the decision is ultimately up to you. Fawns are not guaranteed to survive with mom or without.They are the weakest and will be preyed on, they will usually have the least amount of fat so cold winters will be hard  on them without as much fat reserve. If snow is deep they expend a great deal of energy just to walk.

a doe will push her fawns away when she's ready to breed. If you're seeing this doe a lot, and she is a big breeder doe, there is no better bait for bucks then when she comes into heat. Generally though, the fawns should be able to survive on their own by now as they'll (especially the bb) will be shunned soon anyhow. This is when the bb's start getting blasted in the woods. they're smart enough to seek shelter and feed themselves, but they're the dumbest deer in the woods.

Edited by Belo