Few CNY 2010 bucks

SteveB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real nice deer. This year was setting up to be a great year for big racked deer. A friend of mine was told by a NYS biologist that the weather in early spring was perfect for antler growth. Whatever that means maybe he was right. I for one have never seen so many big rubs on my property than this year.

Real nice deer. This year was setting up to be a great year for big racked deer. A friend of mine was told by a NYS biologist that the weather in early spring was perfect for antler growth. Whatever that means maybe he was right.

What's that all about?  That's the first I ever heard of weather having anything to do with antler growth! ???  I hope this biologist wasn't hired from somewhere in Texas where they tend to come up with ridiculous deer biology theories??  Maybe a sunny Spring seasons stunt growth, while rainy Springs make those antlers blossom like roses??

Was it a wet spring this year??  I don't even remember for sure, but I do know that not too many weekends if any were washed out because of rain the entire spring and summer this year where I live, so I don't think it was any more wet than most years.  I tell you, it won't be long before some Texas biologist comes up with a theory showing a direct link between the political party who has the majority in congress to antler growth.  The study probably won't favor democratic control either knowing how Texans think!!  LOL