'Back to Back' Banner Buck Years for Suffolk??

NYDeer

Last year, there was the Brookhaven Monster Buck, 200-class 20 pointer with multiple beams..

This year, can the magic continue???

From another forum, allegedly taken from a potato farm east of Riverhead..

48 point non typical,which  should score between 265 and 290..

Anyone know anything about this??

Joe-2010PotatoeFarmBuck.jpg

Showed this to a bud, said he really doubts the story, and believes it's a high fence deer.

He hears about most BIG LI deer, and didnt hear nothing bout this.. Plus, his logic is, that if this deer was hitting a potato feild, he would have been jacked before bow season. Deer of this class go for $15-18K on preserve hunts.. I'm sure something about this deer/hunter will trickle out.. We'll see..

Im skeptical, like NYDeer said, alot of deer get jacked in september on nuisence permits.  I know a taxidermist that has a huge velvet 9 point from a sod farm in manorville that was killed in august, he also has another 20 pointer from the same place from late september.  Nuisence permits are the biggest scam out there.  But who knows, there are some monsters on LI.

Im skeptical, like NYDeer said, alot of deer get jacked in september on nuisence permits.  I know a taxidermist that has a huge velvet 9 point from a sod farm in manorville that was killed in august, he also has another 20 pointer from the same place from late september.  Nuisence permits are the biggest scam out there.  But who knows, there are some monsters on LI.

If this Taxidermist is mounting bucks killed on nuisance permits both he and the person who shot the deer are in possesion of illegal antlers.All antlers from deer taken on permits MUST be surrendered to the DEC within 7 days of being taken.

This is to prevent trophy hunting on the permits.The idea is to thin the doe population.

I bet the deer in the pic is legit. ;D

I know of a taxidermist on L.I. that got his nuisance permit yanked for that very reason....it sucks when people take advantage of the system, and even more unfortunate that some hunters bring thier trophies to taxidermists that are no better than game thieves themselves.

• 2 weeks later...