Adirondack Monster

sampotter

No AR because man isn't interfering as much and reducing habitat... plus hunting pressure is small compared to other places in the state meaning less 1 1/2 year olds and bucks get a chance to get much older. If the rest of the state was a vast as the Adirondack Park there would be no need for AR, but that is not the case.

That my friends is a BIG BUCK! The beams reach way beyond his nose.. they might be 28" long... I think the rack is bigger than it looks in the pic because of the body size. He might be close to 170.. Hmm I just happen to hunt Long lake and surrounding areas..

No AR because man isn't interfering as much and reducing habitat... plus hunting pressure is small compared to other places in the state meaning less 1 1/2 year olds and bucks get a chance to get much older. If the rest of the state was a vast as the Adirondack Park there would be no need for AR, but that is not the case.

I agree 100% with what you are saying nyantler but lets not forget the winters in the adirondacks either.  I'd say a good percentage of the deer in the adk's, partically bucks and fawns die due to winter kill.  I guess what I am saying is a lot of deer don't make it to maturity due to winter kill.