Opening day gun 11/16/13

sweet old bill

I am up and getting ready, at 72 it takes a longer time, but still like a kid on xmas day. The weather will be good with the temps going from 40 to 50's today. So a lot of us will be sitting I am sure.

I hope each gets the hunt of there dreams and be safe out there. If you put on deer  drives please make sure of your target is not another hunter and do ware some orange, even if just a hat does help. I use the orange camo,

• Like 1

At ( closser to ) 73 I woke up or maby didn't sleep all night.Rolled out of bed at 6:00 Am. Made brekfaste and waited to hit the john.By me all private land. No one pushing deer.I found it is a wast of time heading out in the dark.After hitting the john 2 times I headed out around 8:00 AM to one of my wood pile ground blinds.Past 4 does bedded on my ATV. They just looked at me and nodded there heads as I rode by.To cut it short the only shots near me were at 9:30 am, just 2.The does bedded down all day about 75 yards and stayed there till 3:30 PM and started brousing.Big daddy bdidn"t show up.Tommorow looks halfway good untill the PM, Then rain and very heavy winds.Did haver my orange hat on though.