Hunting Shows - What do you watch?

TheHunter

Yeah, I get the Outdoor Channel and VS. and I really enjoy an occasional hunting show now and then. The problem is that I can burn out on them especially when they start having a lot of deer hunting shows in a row. Also, I have become a bit suspicious of some of the almost guaranteed set-ups that are super hard for the average hunter (me in particular) to relate to. Most of these guys are really deer hunting a whole different world than I or anyone I know has to hunt.

So if they are going to show programs that depict something that I will never actually experience, I'd rather see the shows that are about grizzley bears, brown bears, moose, elk, mountain goats, sheep or hogs or even the African hunts or any other of the more exotic hunting trips. I even enjoyed that Tom Miranda hunt for musk-ox. My favorite guy to watch is Jim Shockey. He seems to get into a better variety of species that I like to see hunted.

Doc

The crush stands out for the obvious reason (Tiffany)  but i like jim shockey, ted nugent and north to alaska and the truth about hunting are my fav's

jackie bushman is a dork but i like em.

I have Cablevision. they only have versus and espn. I just checked and am pretty disappointed they don't have outdoor or sportsman channel. I prefer any show that has authentic hunts. Not  on a "ranch" in Texas , were they take a helicopter out the day before to pick which buck to shoot ...scout. I'm not a big fan of African safari's either. I like American hunting that I can relate to.

Yes 788 on cablevision is the HD version of channel 407. I like Ted Nugent in that he keeps it real and is not afraid to take an average deer and love the way he gets all worked up and he seems to be that type of guy who is genuine and somebody you can hang out with. I like the Crush (Lakosky's) also like The Choice(The small Italian guy) and whitetail freaks (the kiskys sp.??).

A lot of the more established shows are repeated over and over. I was reminded of that when I was watching Archer's Choice. I thought things looked awful familiar, but then one of the guest hunters mentioned that it was 2006. Finally I remembered the rest of the show. In fact I believe I may have seen it more than once before. Actually, I think they can usually get away with it because a lot of it is very repetitive, especially the deer hunts. There's not a whole lot that happens on these shows that doesn't happen on just about all of them.

Doc

• 2 weeks later...