Fawn Killer No More

PSE,

Great yote!!!  He's a pretty one and I use those words cautiously as I hate those overpopulated creatures.  I would say you would be in the ball park of 700 for full-mount.  You could do a shoulder mount, probably run you 300.

Either way, if you can afford it, I think it would be great.

You'll have it the rest of your life...!!!

While hunting yesterday, this guy decided to come out (he won't be anymore)...was curious as to how much a full body mount would be?...if it's outta my price range, which i'm sure it is, does anyone know of a fairly priced place to get a pelt done in the 7m-7p area?

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif yote.jpg

Skinning and tanning can be done pretty easily if your looking for the cheaper route. My buddy killed one last year and I skinned and tanned myself. Came out great for my first one. Just did my second last week. Pm if you have any questions. If you can gut a deer, you can tan a coyote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard more like 1000+. My brother wanted to get one done until the guy gave him a price. Taxidermist said he wouldn't do one again unless it was stll warm. Some places are a lot cheaper than others so I'd call around.

you're probably right with that #...........I had a gray fox done about 5 years ago, right around $700........but remember, you usually get what you pay for.

not gutted...hasn't broke 29 degrees here...i'm gonna make a decision today and if I don't get it mounted my buddy and I are getting the pelt ready tonight...I've got quotes from $450-800 for full body mounts

I dabble in (bird) taxidermy and it's a lot of work. I'd be very wary of the guys asking the lower end of the spectrum. Not saying they are shady-- maybe they are just cutting you a good deal, but taxidermy is an art and if you are gonna drop hundreds into a mount that will be in your house for years or more, it's worth it to go with a guy that does quality work. I've seen some less than stellar yotes mounted and they are almost more silly than they are beautiful when done poorly.

Best wishes! A nicely tanned pelt would be mighty pretty, too.

Skin it cased, like most trappers skin foxes, coons, muskrats, etc.

Then have it tanned and hang it on the wall..They are pretty that way and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The ones I have had done cost from $40-$100.

Get it skinned asap...Coyotes tend to slip ( the hair falls out) very quickly if not skinned, even if kept quite cold.