Just deer....

growalot

I went out to shovel the drive...and noticed deer tracks every where...so I did the drive and the mail box then opened up a car sized area across the street...Continued on to take my 1/4 mile hike thru the snow and replace game cards.....The deer had walked in following my old tracks and out at the plot ..it looked like an ant farm...there were so many trails in an out big dug out depressions...I Went the long way back and the only tracks to be found were from all the deer....it looks like a few very big deer made it this year...not just prints but on single trails with rather long strides...hope cams pic them up...I need to buy batteries...

You keep that snow, LOL!  Deer are pounding the garden area where I planted the red clover. They didn't touch it much until that first Wednesday's wet snow, a few weeks back. Tracks all over and scrape open areas. Looks like a flock of sheep were in it with all the tracks. We have, maybe 6" of snow on the level. Sunday, I opened a track with the tractor and blade a mile back,  for easier walking and just in case one of us got a deer. I get tired tracking through the snow.

Coming home today, a welcome sight of 27 turkey in the sunny corn field.

How are you not getting this?!!...Your right on the corner of both lakes? I'm over here in the corner of Ontario,Livingston and Steuben Counties...it's snowing like mad and we had 22 in. on the ground a couple of days ago....I think there were only deer tracks because every thing else couldn't handle the depth...no crust to walk across...lol

Edited by growalot

I live in PA just over the NY border and there are plenty of deer tracks around the apple trees in my front yard.  I talked with a neighbor the other day that feeds the deer and he says that there are 6 bucks visiting his feed, one being a very large 10 point and three of them are 6 points, although one has lost half of his rack already. 

I went out to shovel the drive...and noticed deer tracks every where...so I did the drive and the mail box then opened up a car sized area across the street...Continued on to take my 1/4 mile hike thru the snow and replace game cards.....

You had a knee operation last week and you are cleared to be doing all that?

He said to take it slow.....so I shoveled slowly and hiked even slower......though admittedly ......with the snow being so deep...the hike should have been shorter...after resting the knee was pretty sore ....I will hit the elliptical instead of my daily hikes until snow amounts go down...The biggest draw back is my high tolerance for pain....not until I see swelling do I realize I over did it

On vacation as a kid with Aunt ...I fell off a pool slide at a hotel...sliced my wrist wide open but did'nt know it...until my Aunt started screaming...the pool was turning dark with my blood...lol

I have to figure out what my definition of slow needs to be.......

I live in PA on the NY border also. The deer are terrorizing my shrubbery. If it's green they eat it. They haven't hit the Azaleas,  Rhododendron or Laurel yet but I give them a month at best. My Arborvitaes are trimmed back to the trunk by the deer up to a height of 5 feet. The Euonymus are nothing but sticks now. They are even in my bird feeders after the black oil sunflower seeds. Sunday I had 5 big gobblers at the bird feeders. Each one had a 10" plus beard except one who had no beard. He had to be 20 pounds but had no beard. The last time I had deer acting like this was the winter of '93 - '94. Come spring I'll be replacing all my landscape shrubbery.