Long Island is the worst for hunting

outdoorjay

So bowhunters should have exclusive use of public property?

My thoughts. I did some hunting at Darien state park with bird hunters around, I didn't really get mad. It's frustrating but it's not my private land. The trick is to move further in from the fields and let the bird hunters push the deer to you.

Bowhunting on LI on the State land is fairly simple.  Realize there are some spots that require the Daily  Parking permt from the check station, but there are a good number of spots that do not require the daily access permit.

To OP on this thread:  There are a lot more deer hunting spots than bird spots.  When I bird hunt out east, there are only a few decent spots for pheasant.  You clearly set up in the wrong spot if you were near bird hunters.

I have a post on here about how I was bird hunting and found a tree stand on Public Land.  If you are using a stand on State Land it better be a climber.

PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT applies on state land.

My thoughts. I did some hunting at Darien state park with bird hunters around, I didn't really get mad. It's frustrating but it's not my private land. The trick is to move further in from the fields and let the bird hunters push the deer to you.

How is Darien state park for hunting? I drive by it all the time and see a ton of cars on Broadway,Sumner rd and the 77 entrance. Just doesn't look like fun with that many people