Venison Jerky question

BUCKANDAQUARTER

I am trying out my dehydrator for the first time, and I have 2 questions. First it is supposed to crack when bent in half, I bend it and it gets some small cracks, it is still pliable and doesn't break. I assume that's what they mean. Second how many of you bake it for the 10 minutes after, the directions word it like it is a disclaimer (i.e. Federal Gov't recommends blah, blah, blah).

Just made a batch of jerky today, like WNY said that's perfect and no need to bake for 10 min. Just keep it in a ziplock in the fridge and you'll be okay. It's not like you are sustaining a food source for months on end. I don't know of anyone whose jerky lasts more than a week anyway lol

Just made a batch of jerky today, like WNY said that's perfect and no need to bake for 10 min. Just keep it in a ziplock in the fridge and you'll be okay. It's not like you are sustaining a food source for months on end. I don't know of anyone whose jerky lasts more than a week anyway lol

I dont keep mine in the fridge, it does fine on the shelf.