Field Logic IQ Bowsight

NYBuckHunter27

I have had one on my Hoyt for the last 2 seasons.  Love it. I do 99% of my practice shooting on level ground and 99% of my deer shooting from a tree stand, so i dont get the practice shooting downwards.. The retina lock is nice during practice bc it forces you to a consistent anchor. Also when hunting it helps you ensure you have a proper anchor on odd angled shots. Check out eders.com for the best deal. i got mine for about 110 bucks

NYBuck50 - how often do you check that retina lock before shooting?  Never tried one, and it seems like a great idea, but my concern would be becoming too preoccupied with making sure that lock is centered and not paying attention to the target and pin.  Just curious if it can become a distraction or obsession that may cause you to lose focus on the deer when that monster walks by.  Does it result in too many checks before shooting (grip, anchor, target, pin and now a retina lock)?  Do you check the lock more than once?  Also, do you still use your peep or have you eliminated it?

Last year I used a spot hogg hunter on both bows and really like them, but did pick up an axcel amourtech vision to try out with the larger 2" housing.  I like everything about it better than the spot hogg except pin brightness.  I guess a light cures that if necessary.  The axcel is a tank of a sight.

I check it constantly when practicing, to ensure im developing good shooting form. Once you've shot with it for a while its almost second nature, so its not an issue hunting.  Draw, anchor, quick glance to make sure the retina lock is centered, choose pin and shot. My bow buck this year came charging out of the thicket at 40 yards i had to yell to stop him. only had him stopped for a quick second and he woulda been gone. Even with the extra step of looking at the retina lock, i was able to get a good shot off and nail him.

Since the retina lock is right above the pins, its very quick. in hunting situations like i just described, it only slows me down if your anchor is way off(i dont see this as a problem bc if my anchor was off, my shot will likely be too). Most times, because ive practiced with it so much, my anchor is spot on so there is no adjustment after checking the retina.  I do still shoot a peep, but i shoot the biggest one they make 1/4 inch i believe.  I dont think i really need the peep, but ive always shot one and its comfortable for me.

This si why i bought it. you dont have to use the retina lock, but its nice in those situations.. beats wounding one thats for sure

Thx - may have to give one a shot at some point.  I could see it particulary useful if taking a shot from an awkward angle, under a limb, etc.

I just bought the IQ 5 pin sight to put on my new bow this Spring. I have been using the precursor, Timberline No - Peep, for about 5 years and it is amazing. 

I have kept my kisser, but I do not need a peep anymore because the no-peep showed me when my anchor was solid and I could just concentrate on my sight pins. It really is only a split second to see I was not torquing the bow and I was good to go.

When IQ bought the technology from Timberline, it was a no doubter about what my next sight would be.

• Like 1

I just bought the IQ 5 pin sight to put on my new bow this Spring. I have been using the precursor, Timberline No - Peep, for about 5 years and it is amazing. 

I have kept my kisser, but I do not need a peep anymore because the no-peep showed me when my anchor was solid and I could just concentrate on my sight pins. It really is only a split second to see I was not torquing the bow and I was good to go.

When IQ bought the technology from Timberline, it was a no doubter about what my next sight would be.

Defiantly a difference in your shooting?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just put one on my Creed and I love it.  I only have been able to sight it in at 20 and align the retina lock so far.  I got the 5 pin.  Had to buy a light for it tho as it didn't come with one unfortunately but it was only a couple bucks