Dipping My Toes In The Darkside

DirtTime

4 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Neighbor came up to the cabin for the weekend and informed me the crossbow is now mine. Now I have to get it out of the living room, so I need to pick up a case to be able to hang it.

Is there a huge difference in fixed broad heads for the bolts? Can I use just any broadhead or what? I looked a bit on the information slow lane, and it seems that for tips it doesn't really matter. But I figured I ask here where we have a few who use these things. The bolts and tips he loaned me he wants back after the season, so I'll have to buy those items. Looking at 20" Carbon Express Pile Drivers for bolts, seem to be a solid choice without making my wallet cry.

I run montec g5 for both. Works great. Bought some cheap shafts from China and ram with it. Deadly out to 50yds. Little loud but effective.

31 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

What was the quality issue?

The heads I'm looking at aren't mechanical, as I said, they are fixed. I looked again, and the price is actually $30 for 6 with the Montecs being $35 for three.

I shoot the g5s and I sharpen them. Had 6 for 3 seasons have killed multiple deer with 1 head. They sharpen very easy on the stone.

46 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

You moved from NYC to Westchester (same thing), then to CT. Lotta skinny jeans and man buns in those areas.

living in the foothills of the berkshire mountains 75 miles from NYC is nothing like living in a city. You should travel more often and you won't be so naive. and regarding beer, I drink all kinds. Who doesn't have modelo or corona in the summer?

26 minutes ago, BizCT said:

living in the foothills of the berkshire mountains 75 miles from NYC is nothing like living in a city. You should travel more often and you won't be so naive. and regarding beer, I drink all kinds. Who doesn't have modelo or corona in the summer?

Dude, I travel/traveled this state a lot more than you have or probably ever will. I'd fathom a guess as close as you have ever come to being up north is maybe Lake George, but I doubt you've ever been that far north. I've been to CNY, WNY, but prefer the Dacks over any of it. I used to ice fish Cooperstown lake, hunt/fish/camp up around Ausable, and fished Lake Erie all before you were a twinkle in your dads eye. I haven't had the chances to go out in the western states to hunt or fish, but I have been around NY a wee little bit. I just don't go downstate if I can help it, nothing down there for a guy like me. The beer is a standing joke, has been for many years with you and I. Drink camel piss for all I care.

10 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Dude, I travel/traveled this state a lot more than you have or probably ever will. I'd fathom a guess as close as you have ever come to being up north is maybe Lake George, but I doubt you've ever been that far north. I've been to CNY, WNY, but prefer the Dacks over any of it. I used to ice fish Cooperstown lake, hunt/fish/camp up around Ausable, and fished Lake Erie all before you were a twinkle in your dads eye. I haven't had the chances to go out in the western states to hunt or fish, but I have been around NY a wee little bit. I just don't go downstate if I can help it, nothing down there for a guy like me. The beer is a standing joke, has been for many years with you and I. Drink camel piss for all I care.

lol more assumptions. Yes, I spent many summers on Brant Lake and Lake George, but also a ton of time in my youth in Pulaski and the Buffalo suburbs. Probably fished Sandy Creek and Salmon River every year from 1989 to 2002. Majority of my family is from WNY. A few spring breaks in my teen years in Montreal with stopovers in the lake placid area. Hunted the catskill mountains my entire childhood and pre-teen years. Youth sports also took me across the state a ton (including coopertown several times) and poker led me to Turning Stone for many weekends in my late teens. I know the state of NY very well. Partied a ton at syracuse, ithaca and cortland in my 20's. Don't judge a book by its cover. 

Edited by BizCT
  • Like 1