Post season Volleyball

Swamp_bucks

Daughters team just finished regular season of Volleyball tonight.  They’ve only lossed one game all year. Think they went 8-1 and only lost 5 sets all year.  So going into next weeks division tournament they are seeded #2.   

top 2 teams advance to the sectional tournament the following week.  They have a great team and have a chance to make a run if they can get in. 

I’ll try to keep this updated as long as they keep winning. 

• Like 5

I coached the Fordham Prep Rams to a high school championship in 2003(maybe 2004?). I never played or coached volleyball before. I took all the kids who were cut from basketball and any receivers from football who were not playing a winter sport and made them play. My sister (4 year collegiate player) taught me the game and came to some of my practices.
Such a fun sport to coach especially kids who never knew how intense it could get. Some of the best trash talkers excelled at the net!!!
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

My daughter plays modified.  I enjoy watching.  And the better they get skill wise the more fun it is to watch. 

Yes it is can get intense when they get older.  Our youngest starts modified volleyball Monday and she’s really into it so I have a feeling we may end up traveling with her.

• Like 2

Took 4 sets gave up a 10pt lead in the 4th set and finally won it 26-24 to take the title.  

The other team is great this is 2 years in a row both teams competed for the title. They got it last year and now it’s with us.  Both programs are strong all the way to 7th grade so this won’t be the last time they meet up.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

Took 4 sets gave up a 10pt lead in the 4th set and finally won it 26-24 to take the title.  
The other team is great this is 2 years in a row both teams competed for the title. They got it last year and now it’s with us.  Both programs are strong all the way to 7th grade so this won’t be the last time they meet up.

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are headed to Tioga for pool play tomorrow.  4 teams will be there everyone plays 2 sets against each other. Top 2 teams with the most sets won advance to championship Sunday.  Our division has 3 of the top 4 teams in sectionals.

going to be a long night but fun. First game starts at 430 until all matches are done. 

• Like 2