Tonight's menu...

Deerthug

First you brown the venison in some olive oil and put it aside. Cook the brown rice in a separate pot for 30-40mins. Meanwhile cut and clean the peppers of seeds. Sauté some chopped onions and spinach in olive oil. Drain the rice and set aside. Add the meat back into the pan and stir together for few minutes. Add the drained rice to the mixture and stir well. Set the cut peppers in a shallow pan and fill the peppers with the mixture. Add a few tablespoons of tomato sauce on top and stick in the oven. 375 degrees for 1 hour or until peppers are shriveled and soft. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks, Deerthug...I just happen to have some nice peppers in the fridge and a package of ground venison thawing..

I'll  give it a try tomorrow !   I have always loved stuffed peppers but for some reason I've never got around to making them.

• Like 1

Sounds great, guys...I just finished a fried spam sandwich on crusty Italian bread...( Actually, TWO fried spam sandwiches).

Tomorrow is the gourmet delight..Roast rabbit with sweet taters...

care to share your Spam sandwich recipe?......I don't want you to feel left out.

• Like 1

I did the peppers last night... They were delicious !

Thanks, Deerthug...!..

I think my next gourmet delight will be chicken gizzards....

Simmer a couple of pounds of gizzards in water with a little salt, black pepper and a bay leaf for about an hour.

Place gizzards in a baking pan..I usually use a 9 x 13 aluminum steamline dish.

Sprinkle with salt, coarse black pepper , poultry seasoning, and red pepper flakes to taste.

Drizzle with olive oil.  Slice up  some onions and celery on top of gizzards.

Cover tightly and place in a slow ( 300 degree) oven for about two hours or until gizzards are very tender.

Uncover, and turn heat up to 375-400 and allow gizzards to brown for a few minutes.

Makes great finger food for the weekly poker game.

• Like 1

I did the peppers last night... They were delicious !

Thanks, Deerthug...!..

I think my next gourmet delight will be chicken gizzards....

Simmer a couple of pounds of gizzards in water with a little salt, black pepper and a bay leaf for about an hour.

Place gizzards in a baking pan..I usually use a 9 x 13 aluminum steamline dish.

Sprinkle with salt, coarse black pepper , poultry seasoning, and red pepper flakes to taste.

Drizzle with olive oil.  Slice up  some onions and celery on top of gizzards.

Cover tightly and place in a slow ( 300 degree) oven for about two hours or until gizzards are very tender.

Uncover, and turn heat up to 375-400 and allow gizzards to brown for a few minutes.

Makes great finger food for the weekly poker game.

My pleasure! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a simple recipe but it comes out great!