Todays SNOWY hike...

wooly

Thought I'd snap a few pics on my hike today.
 Since I didn't see any living, breathing creatures I decided to make my subject for the day one of my favorites........SNOW!!!

This first pic of SNOW shows how much of it the deer have been digging through in this spot. Only about 18-24" here under the pines which makes it much easier on them here.

DSCN0354_zps7241b572.jpg

This next shot of SNOW is looking back at a little gulley crossing I passed through on my way to take more pics of SNOW some place else.

DSCN0357_zps91f5deef.jpg

I thought I would head up to the corn field to see if there was any SNOW there as well. Today must have been my lucky day, because the field was also loaded with SNOW!
There was so much SNOW in fact, that it looked like the corn stalks were only a foot tall!

DSCN0360_zps5be00e2f.jpg

I thought for sure since there was so much SNOW at the field that there wouldn't be as much SNOW around the edges. Boy was I ever surprised to see there was so much SNOW that it was literally flowing over the sides!

DSCN0365_zpsee7c999b.jpg

This is one of the most impressive SNOW structures I've ever seen here!

DSCN0371_zps7a60bec5.jpg

I've never been inside such a cool SNOW tunnel before so I couldn't resist even with the potential threat for an avalanche!
I was secretly hoping it would cave in so I could be covered in soft, white, cushiony, SNOW!

DSCN0374_zpsc52ac6aa.jpg

The SNOW tunnel from the other side..

DSCN0379_zpsdbe11c06.jpg

After I left the tunnel, I found where some beautiful flowers were poking out of a nice warm blanket of SNOW!

DSCN0381_zpsfbea12ba.jpg

I couldn't believe this winter wonderland of SNOW I was surrounded by...... even the plain SNOW had an amazing eye catching appeal to it unlike any SNOW I've ever seen before!

DSCN0382_zps3b366f33.jpg

.....and just as I was about home I spotted this mirage sticking out of the SNOW.
I think I have gone SNOW blind, because I really thought I saw an antler sticking out of the SNOW!

C'mon spring!!!!!!

SNOW blows!

DSCN0398_zps2db4a841.jpg

• Like 3