QDM Meeting with Neighbors

Just because an organization pays employees, doesnt mean they are not a not for profit organization.

Some facts for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonprofit_organization

If the members are paying their paychecks then they are making a profit..By reading the site's hot zones over there...Someones paychecks may be getting smaller soon.

Funny, Where in that post is there anything in there about profit i have made? All i see is a post about a great business and the amount i could help a person make. Remember i have been in this for 15 years. Little different numbers numbers for me.

Lying? I asked how a non profit org. Got their paychecks every week? Any Answer To That?

There have been many of your post that you talk about profit. That seems to be your driving motivation. The point I was making was that deer farms are mainly for profit and if anyone has something to gain by distorting the truth, it's the deer farmers. You have no ground to stand on when saying that QDMA and B&C are not non-profit organizations. I am sure in this day in age where everyone is under scrutiny, if they didn't meet the criteria they would have their non-profit status revoked.

This is a forum for individuals who like to hunt. The vast majority if not 99% of us believe in fair chase. Deer farming does not fall under that category. Sorry if you believe it does, but you represent a very small minority.

• Like 3

There have been many of your post that you talk about profit. That seems to be your driving motivation. The point I was making was that deer farms are mainly for profit and if anyone has something to gain by distorting the truth, it's the deer farmers. You have no ground to stand on when saying that QDMA and B&C are not non-profit organizations. I am sure in this day in age where everyone is under scrutiny, if they didn't meet the criteria they would have their non-profit status revoked.

This is a forum for individuals who like to hunt. The vast majority if not 99% of us believe in fair chase. Deer farming does not fall under that category. Sorry if you believe it does, but you represent a very small minority.

Well lets see.... In order to have a business you have to have demand.  In order to open a business you have to spend X amount of dollars to start that venture.  Most people open a business to be a profitable one.  In deer farming there is no distorting the truth. the truth is in the product has a huge demand.

QDMA and B&C need hunters to stay in operation. They use high fence hunting to put money in their coffers every year and then turn around and say its not fair chase. Some even say its ok as long as the buck bred the does behind that fence and not man.

So you see the ones in that make money off high fence hunts in the QDMA. make money off of our business.  Thats Clear enough.

You say vast majority?  Well truth is that the vast majority of states( including Ny) cant raise enough deer to supply the demand and run out of animals every year.  You may think its a small minority but if you did some research to try and back your statement....You would feel kinda foolish.

You say vast majority? Well truth is that the vast majority of states( including Ny) cant raise enough deer to supply the demand and run out of animals every year. You may think its a small minority but if you did some research to try and back your statement....You would feel kinda foolish.

Your talking about a demand for venison meat bought by people who don't hunt. I am talking about hunters ethics. And again you are bringing the argument back to profit. And because there is a demand that makes it right? Drug dealers make a lot of money as well, I guess thats ok too.

• Like 1

Well lets see.... In order to have a business you have to have demand.  In order to open a business you have to spend X amount of dollars to start that venture.  Most people open a business to be a profitable one.  In deer farming there is no distorting the truth. the truth is in the product has a huge demand.

QDMA and B&C need hunters to stay in operation. They use high fence hunting to put money in their coffers every year and then turn around and say its not fair chase. Some even say its ok as long as the buck bred the does behind that fence and not man.

So you see the ones in that make money off high fence hunts in the QDMA. make money off of our business.  Thats Clear enough.

You say vast majority?  Well truth is that the vast majority of states( including Ny) cant raise enough deer to supply the demand and run out of animals every year.  You may think its a small minority but if you did some research to try and back your statement....You would feel kinda foolish.

You truly are delusional.. show me one case where either QDMA or B&C used a high fence to put money in their coffer... all deer farms do is feed the demand of other deer farms... QDMA and B&C have nothing to do with deer farms... and never have

• Like 1

Your talking about a demand for venison meat bought by people who don't hunt. I am talking about hunters ethics. And again you are bringing the argument back to profit. And because there is a demand that makes it right? Drug dealers make a lot of money as well, I guess thats ok too.

Do you really think deer farmers make their profit on venison? Or even sell venison from whitetails? There is no argument...I (and anyone that owns any kind of business)runs that business to make a profit.  Comparing drug use and high fence hunting shows you bring little to the battle.

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

If the members are paying their paychecks then they are making a profit..By reading the site's hot zones over there...Someones paychecks may be getting smaller soon.

You keep up the stance that the organization is heading down. Besides the quotes of some disgruntled members on a forum, what do you have as proof? How do you explain the increase in, not only memberships but also new branches popping up?

You talk about their paychecks as profit. Since you are running a business I would surely hope you know the difference between operating costs and profit. What you are saying about their paychecks would be equal to someone claiming that you fencing cost is profit. As you are so fond of saying, your comments on this are making you look foolish.

You truly are delusional.. show me one case where either QDMA or B&C used a high fence to put money in their coffer... all deer farms do is feed the demand of other deer farms... QDMA and B&C have nothing to do with deer farms... and never have

Well Smuck. You want to throw names around..How about you look at the last 2or3 years fund raisers they have where they offer hunts to the highest bidder and QDMA gets the cash.  Now you tell me how many high fence hunts were sold for good money.

I will expect you to be man enough to get on this site and give your apology!

No they arent. Employees making paychecks do not constitute as a business making a profit. I suggest you at least use Google to find out some of the facts before you spout off on something you obviously have no clue about.

Think what you want about the QDMA, they are growing at a fast rate. Membership over the last year or two has grown at a rate they have never seen before. They will most likely pass the 100,000 mark in the next couple/few years if trends continue. I base that off of real world numbers presented by the leadership of the organization, not what I read on some forums. The vast majority of members dont even use those forums.

You keep up the stance that the organization is heading down. Besides the quotes of some disgruntled members on a forum, what do you have as proof? How do you explain the increase in, not only memberships but also new branches popping up?

You talk about their paychecks as profit. Since you are running a business I would surely hope you know the difference between operating costs and profit. What you are saying about their paychecks would be equal to someone claiming that you fencing cost is profit. As you are so fond of saying, your comments on this are making you look foolish.

Point being that members pay their pay checks. If you read the site you will see members dropping left and right.

The big one will be if the QDMA sticks to their stance on the letting bucks grow to maturity in all CWD states, which means they are going against all science with the spread of the biggest thing they try to fight high fence with.  

Can you say double standards. Trust me you will see this brought to the fore front for Kip and the boys.  If you would also like to add in the B&c club you will see that  4 of the top 5 states in their books are CWD positive states( with QDMA influence).  

Will be tough to warrant much of a book when there should be very few mature bucks.  Thats if the hold by the same standards they hold others to?

No they arent. Employees making paychecks do not constitute as a business making a profit. I suggest you at least use Google to find out some of the facts before you spout off on something you obviously have no clue about.

Think what you want about the QDMA, they are growing at a fast rate. Membership over the last year or two has grown at a rate they have never seen before. They will most likely pass the 100,000 mark in the next couple/few years if trends continue. I base that off of real world numbers presented by the leadership of the organization, not what I read on some forums. The vast majority of members dont even use those forums.

My god man!!!!  are you talking 100,000 members across the country?  I sure hope not. I even thought there would be more than that.

Wouldnt you be shocked to see more deer farms and high fence operations across the country then your members?

Well Smuck. You want to throw names around..How about you look at the last 2or3 years fund raisers they have where they offer hunts to the highest bidder and QDMA gets the cash.  Now you tell me how many high fence hunts were sold for good money.

I will expect you to be man enough to get on this site and give your apology!

Please stop with the name calling.

BTW, its schmuck, not smuck

• Like 2

My god man!!!!  are you talking 100,000 members across the country?  I sure hope not. I even thought there would be more than that.

Wouldnt you be shocked to see more deer farms and high fence operations across the country then your members?

For such a young organization, the membership numbers are very good. Take a look at other similar organizations and where they were 25 years in.

I think your numbers are way overstated. From what I can find, the number is around 10000. You mean the same deer farm industry that costs taxpayers millions each year?

http://www.indystar.com/longform/news/investigations/2014/03/27/buck-fever-intro/6865031/

Please stop with the name calling.

BTW, its schmuck, not smuck

Oh shocker here. Good for one but not the other, You my friend are a joke.   Now you want to stick up for your buddy. How about you you help pull his foot out of his mouth and tell the class how many years the QDMA has auctioned of HIGH FENCE hunts for their personal gain and how much they sold for!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think deer farmers make their profit on venison? Or even sell venison from whitetails? There is no argument...I (and anyone that owns any kind of business)runs that business to make a profit. Comparing drug use and high fence hunting shows you bring little to the battle.

Then where do deer farms get their money? And where do restaurants who advertise farm raised venison get their venison?

For such a young organization, the membership numbers are very good. Take a look at other similar organizations and where they were 25 years in.

I think your numbers are way overstated. From what I can find, the number is around 10000. You mean the same deer farm industry that costs taxpayers millions each year?

http://www.indystar.com/longform/news/investigations/2014/03/27/buck-fever-intro/6865031/

Yeah good try.  Young org you say. Ha, Good one.  Have you looked at the Iowa case as of late and see how much the DNR in Iowa cost their taxpayers.  As you can see... The powers are just to strong and your fellow sportsmen make that power. Enjoy!

Then where do deer farms get their money? And where do restaurants who advertise farm raised venison get their venison?

Do some research!   .81 animals sell for a record  1.6 million. in the auction i sat in on last week and 190 sold for 2.7million a couple weeks before that and then our Top 30 brought in  over a cool million.a couple months back. 

Farm raised venison is Fallow or Red deer.  Whitetails and Elk... Yes its for the meat, Just not served on a plate.

Oh shocker here. Good for one but not the other, You my friend are a joke.   Now you want to stick up for your buddy. How about you you help pull his foot out of his mouth and tell the class how many years the QDMA has auctioned of HIGH FENCE hunts for their personal gain and how much they sold for!!!!!!!!!!

Who else was calling names? Im not sticking up for anyone, Im asking you to follow the rules, just like I do with anyone that breaks them. Typical reaction to it though, playing pariah. Spare me the drama.

Who else was calling names? Im not sticking up for anyone, Im asking you to follow the rules, just like I do with anyone that breaks them. Typical reaction to it though, playing pariah. Spare me the drama.

Nah..Post 207 would not be called name calling in your Mod book im sure.... But thats fine. Look where its coming from?

So now how about that question about thwe QDMA selling HIGH FENCE HUNTS at their fundraiser the last few years.  Care to help him out with that one also?