Hens

Upstate archery

I scouted prior to the season at the spot I hunt and I only saw a single hen. Now during the season when scouting in the afternoon I still only see one hen. Shouldn't there be a gobbler around if there is a hen? I hear gobblers across the street every morning sometimes as many as 3. Will they eventually come for her? If I set up as close as I can to the road is there a chance I could call them over?

Yes, yes and hell yes.

They cross roads all the time.  I SHOULD have killed one yesterday 30 yards from my visible truck but he zigged and I zagged.  He went across a hardtop road twice during the match, ending up as the victor. 

Two long hot hours of crawling, climbing and bitching........ :wild:

• Like 1

I've seen nothing but hens since the start of season.  Not even as much as a gobble. Turkeys are nesting on my property, so I know the males are somewhere

Things don't start heating up here, till the forage comes out on the trees more, which is later than the last few years. I banking on more action mid May, I hope

I've seen nothing but hens since the start of season.  Not even as much as a gobble. Turkeys are nesting on my property, so I know the males are somewhere

Things don't start heating up here, till the forage comes out on the trees more, which is later than the last few years. I banking on more action mid May, I hope

I've been experiencing the same, only heard gobbling on wednesday am and I 've been out 5 days already. I certainly hope it will get better.