verifier lens

2012_taco

Does any one have any experience with the verifier lens? I need 1.75 power reading glasses and have been dealing with blurry pins for several years. I was reading up on these and like everything else they seem too good to be true. I can see that they would bring your pins into focus but i would have to believe that they would make the target out of focus. I'm not sure which is worse. I appreciate any views. Thanks.

I wanted to get a verifier lens last year. What you stated was exactly what I experienced. The bow shop I deal with was nice enough to install one for me and let me try it. It made the target blurry. I didn't end up getting it. Maybe a shop can put one in for you and let you try it and see how it is for you....I know the shop owner is shooting one and loves it....

Yea go to a shop and try some with a compatible peep on your bow. Get a peep that's the right angle for your draw length and bow setup that also has a hood. Then just buy the one to suit your needs go with minimum power needed to clear up pins so you don't degrade the image out farther. They work like reading glasses.

Specialty archery probably makes a peep and lens you need.

I tried them and not a good fix for me. I went with a single pin scope in 4 x power and it sure makes everything clear as a bell. I use it for 3D, hunting, and spots...The scope cost me a $65 dollars but was the best investment I could make. I also picked up for a backup bow another scope with no x that just has a 29,000 fiber optic fiber in it, that also seems to work well. I do not have a issue for long range but otherwise I am blind as a bat now for close work, need glasses for papers or computer work. But again still shooting at 73, and still can give the kids a run for there money on the range. Best to you and keep shooting............

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I went in to the shop today and tried several verifier lenses. The # 10 and # 6 both cleared up my pins but the distance was blurry. The # 5 lens worked pretty good, better view of my pins and the distance was not bad. The shop only had those 3 sizes. I went with the # 5 and had it installed. I can't help but wonder if a #4 might be even better. ?