Any pickled kielbasa advice?

CuseHunter

I've had it in the past and it's always a hit at hunting camp. I want to make some myself for the first time. I got 10 packs of kielbasa on sale at topps (buy 2, get 3 free).

I have no idea how to prepare the jars, but this is the plan of attack so far...

White vinegar:water @ 2:1 ratio, bring to a boil with whole garlic cloves, white onions, and chilli pods. Add some cayenne pepper, pickling spice packet, and pepper corns. Then pour into jars and store away.

Any advice?

I've always used a 1:1 ratio of water and vinager. Just an FYI.  and any spices you like.  I've tried kielbasa before, and found if you have a variety that has the skin on, the pickling doesen't penetrate vary well.  If I did it again I'd try to find a skinless variety.  Just FYI stuff.  It's always fun experimenting with this stuff.  I'm the type that grabs some of this and a little of that and probably never make things the same.  On time I made the best meatballs that I ever ate and I couln't what all I used. LOL