What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

7 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

TF...did you process yourself or drop off locally? And if so did you get the cube steaks from them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Buck and doe shop on Sheridan drive in Williamsville  They'll cube the whole deer if you want at the normal flat fee. The deer shoppe by airport charges extra for cube steaks. Little butter in cast iron skillet , dash of black pepper , cheddar cheese and you're rocking and rolling 

• Like 1

Buck and doe shop on Sheridan drive in Williamsville  They'll cube the whole deer if you want at the normal flat fee. The deer shoppe by airport charges extra for cube steaks. Little butter in cast iron skillet , dash of black pepper , cheddar cheese and you're rocking and rolling 

I go to the deer shop..cube steaks are great and I also grabbed some cheddar jalapeno digs this year too!

6 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I go to the deer shop..cube steaks are great and I also grabbed some cheddar jalapeno digs this year too!

Had 2 deer done at Deer shoppe last year and was not happy. Big fat doe and nice buck. Both yielded 35-37 pounds. Tenderloins were tiny , steaks had silverskin left on , extra for cubesteaks. Although the dogs you speak of were excellent. B n D I got 50 pounds from similar sized deer last year  Not sure they gave me my actual deer back by volume and tenderloins at Deer shoppe. Even packaging at B n D better.  

• Like 1

Had 2 deer done at Deer shoppe last year and was not happy. Big fat doe and nice buck. Both yielded 35-37 pounds. Tenderloins were tiny , steaks had silverskin left on , extra for cubesteaks. Although the dogs you speak of were excellent. B n D I got 50 pounds from similar sized deer last year  Not sure they gave me my actual deer back by volume and tenderloins at Deer shoppe. Even packaging at B n D better.  

I will try Buck an Doe.....shot a decent buck this year and got the typical 35 back like you did, was a little miffed bit accepted it since I chose to go there and not do it myself.
Liked the dogs....but did pay for the cube steaks.

That seems low. My 4pt buck this year, I got 60lbs of meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagyu is a Japanese cattle strain and Kobe is a particular type of Wagyu, all from Japan.
http://m.costco.com/Authentic-Japanese-Wagyu-Boneless-Ribeye-Roast,-A-5-Grade,-12-lbs.product.100311435.html

Isn't there the whole scam of American Kobe, which isn't really true Kobe? Hence the low prices.

Wonder how much Moog's burger cost? If it's something like under $20, it can't be real Kobe for that price can it?

It was called Wagyu and I am sure it was American based Wagyu cattle.  I looked it up after Biz asked and there are only 8 restaurants in the US that sell certified Japanese Kobe Waygu at a much greater price than I would ever pay.  It was a good burger but only $16.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

It was called Wagyu and I am sure it was American based Wagyu cattle.  I looked it up after Biz asked and there are only 8 restaurants in the US that sell certified Japanese Kobe Waygu at a much greater price than I would ever pay.  It was a good burger but only $16.

yea this makes sense. I've never had it, just remember reading a while back about the "Kobe" word popularity in the U.S.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Isn't there the whole scam of American Kobe, which isn't really true Kobe? Hence the low prices.

Wonder how much Moog's burger cost? If it's something like under $20, it can't be real Kobe for that price can it?

Quick research suggested that Wagyu cattle are also raised in the US and the beef is sold as such, but without indicating that its not of the same quality and original Japanese Waygu.  Kobe is just one area of Japan where this type of cattle is raised.

• Like 1

yea this makes sense. I've never had it, just remember reading a while back about the "Kobe" word popularity in the U.S.

Kobe is actually patented in Japan, but not in US. What we normally see here is Kobe Style beef, which is an American raised Wagyu line of cattle usually cross-bred with Angus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shawnhu said:

Kobe is actually patented in Japan, but not in US. What we normally see here is Kobe Style beef, which is an American raised Wagyu line of cattle usually cross-bred with Angus.

I'm going to Del Frisco's in January. Just check the menu and they have this listed:

Wagyu Tomahawk Chop (32 oz. Ribeye Long-Bone).

Is it the real deal?

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm going to Del Frisco's in January. Just check the menu and they have this listed:

Wagyu Tomahawk Chop (32 oz. Ribeye Long-Bone).

Is it the real deal?

Boston location? Our sales team goes there in March every year, its amazing. I havent ordered that chop so now im looking forward to it!

$95 would be very cheap for 32oz of Japanese Wagyu from the prices I saw.

A good friend treated us to Wagyu once, as a thank you for being one of his groomsmen. It was the most amazing piece of food I've ever had, at the price of $200 for maybe 6-8 oz, and that was on sale.

• Like 2