New to the sport and site

jasons75

Hi All,

My name is Jason. Im new to the site and to hunting in general.

I've never been hunting before. and want to get started. I am mostly interested in bow hunting.

I moved from WNY to the west coast of Fl about 9 years ago (I love the gulf and the fishing!) but recent events are bringing me back home. unfortunately I'll miss this season but at least I'll have a year to get myself ready!

Any tips on gear or groups, clubs etc... etc...

Thanks for reading.....

I miss it... just a little... Got to invest in winter gear for my kids! My oldest 2 remember the snow a little.... my  youngest (especially my FL cracker) Have no idea what they are in for!

I also need to get a car starter installed before I come up there... there s no way I will get into a freezing cold car!!

as for shoveling..... I wont be doing much of that.... its what the kids are for! haha!!  ;) ;D 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Str8shooter.  Were not there yet.. our target for the move is the last week of march.  8) not going to be fun moving in the winter.

tonight our weather here Clearwater isn't much diffirent from there... its right around 32 right now...  I know its not as cold as the sub zero there but when your use to 90+ and 99% humidity for 10 months of the year....... its just pure miserable.  :'( when the temp drops this low!

Not here yet?  Welcome to the site anyway.  Greece is just (North) up the road from Gates, so we'll be neighbors.  I know how it is moving into an area that maybe new to you.  If you want , send me an email [email protected] when you get settled.  We can grab a cup of  coffee and speak of things outdoors like freshwater fishing, spring turkey hunting, bowhunting, equipment and more.

Rob

Welcome!

I'm in the Rochester area, too. Also familiar with your FL stomping grounds....went to USF, and have family in Dunedin and a few nearby locales.

Great time to decide to get into it, actually. It gives you a significant amount of time to prepare. Have you got private land access to hunt up here? The equipment/shooting side of it will keep you busy, without a doubt!

Not here yet?  Welcome to the site anyway.  Greece is just (North) up the road from Gates, so we'll be neighbors.  I know how it is moving into an area that maybe new to you.  If you want , send me an email [email protected] when you get settled.  We can grab a cup of  coffee and speak of things outdoors like freshwater fishing, spring turkey hunting, bowhunting, equipment and more.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll take you up on the offer when we get settled. I honestly would have loved to be up before X-mass but it wasn't in the cards....  I'm Originally from Buffalo. I know a little bit of the area around Dewey ave / English Rd  but the area is essentially a is a mystery.. I haven't fished freshwater in 8 years.. ( bass are small here and don't fight much and there aren't any walleye or salmon!)

Welcome!

I'm in the Rochester area, too. Also familiar with your FL stomping grounds....went to USF, and have family in Dunedin and a few nearby locales.

Great time to decide to get into it, actually. It gives you a significant amount of time to prepare. Have you got private land access to hunt up here? The equipment/shooting side of it will keep you busy, without a doubt!

Hey Phade, 

I'm in Palm Harbor and spend a lot of time in Dunedin on the Causeway mostly. I Love this area but it Family and circumstance is bringing me back... Not as soon as i want but none the less The ball is rolling!

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm new here too, and browsing through the intro's.

I too am from the Rochester area, though I'm an East-sider.  I'm all ears on anything you find on that side of the city for fishing or hunting.  (I don't know much about this side, as I've only recently moved here and haven't had a lot of exploration time).

We have changed our move date from march 29 to the 15.  Cross country moves suck.... Way to much planning..... This week I think I will have to do something incredible stupid..... Unless I can work remotely..... It's time to put in my resignation ;) it's gonna be a bad day for me on Thursday. I've been with my company since I moved here..........