Trying to fill a doe tag

luberhill

Killed a decent buck with the crossbow and now I’m trying to get a doe before the end of ML

saw a nice doe yesterday but couldn’t get a clear shot ..

seeing them on my camera but always after dark

i know one bedding area but it’s hard to get to it quietly 

maybe after this week off they will start moving again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

Killed a decent buck with the crossbow and now I’m trying to get a doe before the end of ML

saw a nice doe yesterday but couldn’t get a clear shot ..

seeing them on my camera but always after dark

i know one bedding area but it’s hard to get to it quietly 

maybe after this week off they will start moving again 

I'm headed out in a few. Haven't seen a deer on my property in three weeks. I just don't know where to go. I'll let you know how it goes! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Time to get a few guys and do some drives. 

Agree

dam snow is all crust

i saw 6 tonight ,

3 in the cornfield that spooked

then on my way out of the woods two big does but they were out of range then another single smaller one.

walking right across a goldenrod field 

So I went in deep to my stand that borders a big bedding area. Found a lot of tracks a few from big deer. Unfortunately I didn't see anything. It was a nice two hours standing there no wind, snow on the ground waiting for one to show up. Beautiful afternoon, it's why I do it! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, First-light said:

So I went in deep to my stand that borders a big bedding area. Found a lot of tracks a few from big deer. Unfortunately I didn't see anything. It was a nice two hours standing there no wind, snow on the ground waiting for one to show up. Beautiful afternoon, it's why I do it! 

Yup it was so quiet ,,, once I stopped walking 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't worry about the noise walking in.  As long as they don't see or scent you; just keep the wind in your favor(face) and proceed to where you want to set up.  As far as the deer are concerned, they are hearing other deer moving around.

There have been many times when I have crunched my way in, and half an hour later the deer show up in front of where I'm set up. If you are in a tree stand, your noise will hopefully be kept to a minimum.  If you are on the ground, clear all the noisy crunchy stuff - leaves or frozen snow, away from where you are sitting and be still and quiet.

Good luck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Untwisted Pretzel logic said:

Don't worry about the noise walking in.  As long as they don't see or scent you; just keep the wind in your favor(face) and proceed to where you want to set up.  As far as the deer are concerned, they are hearing other deer moving around.

There have been many times when I have crunched my way in, and half an hour later the deer show up in front of where I'm set up. If you are in a tree stand, your noise will hopefully be kept to a minimum.  If you are on the ground, clear all the noisy crunchy stuff - leaves or frozen snow, away from where you are sitting and be still and quiet.

Good luck.

I have a logging road from the top of my property that runs right past two of my ladder stands. I have often thought of using a blower to clear the leaves off the road. I've seen videos of people doing this. Then again I had a great bow season seeing big bucks and I walked that crunchy road all the time. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, First-light said:

I have a logging road from the top of my property that runs right past two of my ladder stands. I have often thought of using a blower to clear the leaves off the road. I've seen videos of people doing this. Then again I had a great bow season seeing big bucks and I walked that crunchy road all the time. lol

One year I took my tractor with the FEL and scrapped the snow off the clover ..

They hammered it … at 3 am :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

One year I took my tractor with the FEL and scrapped the snow off the clover ..

They hammered it … at 3 am :)

Its all about timing, by now they have us patterned.  My suggestion would be after the holiday weekend , go around 10-11am on 12/26/22 and scrape the snow off your food plot again.
I bet you will have evening activity in that plot. The deer will be hungry after this weekend storm.

• Like 3