Primary Elections Tomorrow

Couple comments on the pdf posted above by nyrkba:

In senate district 52, the organization did not rate Denver Jones. However, as far as I know Jones is all about repeal of the safe act. That doesn't mean I endorse him, for one he has ignored several attempts I made to interview him.

In senate 11, get Tony Avella out and vote in the primary today for John Lui. Avella is the biggest anti-hunting politician in NY.

I would also prefer Stocker over grisanti in the s-60;

Henessey over Magee in the assembly 121;

Ricky Donovan in the s-63 which would defeat another anti hunting lawmaker;

in the a-45 Ben Asselrod would get my vote over the incumbent as well.

Mark Grisanti no longer will run as a republican in S-60. He will run as an Independent in November, but Kevin Stocker will be the republican candidate.

We didn't do as well with the Asian voters in senate 10 and Tony Avella will still have the democratic endorsement. Perhaps Liu will run as an Independent in November?

Not official, but apparently Denver Jones lost out to Tom Libous, despite the ongoing criminal charges against Libous and the fact he voted the Safe Act out of committee and then changed his floor vote. We asked Denver to work with us, but he never got back to us. We also told Denver that if he rejected fracking while also rejecting the Safe Act, that he would be in like Flynn. However, although Jones was quite outspoken about being against the safe act, local voters opposed to fracking spread the word that he was pro-gas. Beware that Astorino's pro-gas stance is likely to cost him the election as well. Ironically, a pro gun AND an anti fracking stance probably would seal the deal for Astorino.

Although Grisanti wants to punish people who own pets, stalled the dove bill, voted to neuter the DEC and protect mute swans, and voted for the Safe Act, if he is not reelected, that would mean a NEW chairman of the Senate Environmental Conservation Committee. That is also scary, especially because Avella is also on the committee and may be appointed to chair it if Grisanti is removed from office. This is compounded by the retirement of Robert Sweeney which leaves the Assembly chamber of the environmental conservation committee without a chairperson. Brand new chairs in both chambers is concerning...

Beware that Astorino's pro-gas stance is likely to cost him the election as well. Ironically, a pro gun AND an anti fracking stance probably would seal the deal for Astorino.

Do you really think that would seal the election for Astorino??  I really think only divine intervention is his only hope.

I hear you about Avella being anti-hunting, but if Liu wasn't as corrupt, he might have been able to pull this primary out.  This district is VERY Asian, and if he couldn't get enough Asians to vote for him in this primary, I doubt he has a chance running as an independent in the general election.  Liu is a perpetual candidate, however, so he probably will want to run anyway he can.  Once he loses on election day, he'll surely be running for something again next year.  

Do you really think that would seal the election for Astorino??  I really think only divine intervention is his only hope.

I hear you about Avella being anti-hunting, but if Liu wasn't as corrupt, he might have been able to pull this primary out.  This district is VERY Asian, and if he couldn't get enough Asians to vote for him in this primary, I doubt he has a chance running as an independent in the general election.  Liu is a perpetual candidate, however, so he probably will want to run anyway he can.  Once he loses on election day, he'll surely be running for something again next year.  

Liu, is what a whole 30 years old? Yet Libious is what 60 or 70 and under serious charges, yet still gets the primary. If Liu is corrupt and wont go straight, we wont work with him. But if he is legit, NY Dove Hunting will get him in office. It might be 2 years or ten years, but the noose is closing on Tony Avella.

Yeah. If Astorino goes anti fracking AND pro gun/anti safe act; he will win. if he supports fracking, he is likely to lose.

Edited by mike rossi

Liu is 47 actually.  I'm sure he might win another election somewhere down the road, but I don't think it will be this one against Avella.

I think if it were so easy to defeat Cuomo by simply being anti-safe act and anti-fracking, Astorino would be spitting at every pro-fracking person or group in the state.  The votes he needs to win are from down state, and most of those people could care less about the fracking issue.  Thus, in my opinion this issue will NOT make or break the election for him.  He needs a MIRACLE to win, and that's about the only thing that will win it for him.

Poor turn-out in my area.  I didn't get to the polling place until 8:40 last night and I was number 109.  The staffers said less than 10% turn out across the parties in my town.

The usual block-voters got their candidates in - they cover both parties here.  Which means I am most-likely in a lose-lose position for election day - both Rep. and Dem. candidates are bought and paid for.

Hope Rick Astorine drops the Fracking, I am not for fracking at all - bad environmental practice.  But we got to get rid of Cuomo.

Liu is 47 actually.  I'm sure he might win another election somewhere down the road, but I don't think it will be this one against Avella.

I think if it were so easy to defeat Cuomo by simply being anti-safe act and anti-fracking, Astorino would be spitting at every pro-fracking person or group in the state.  The votes he needs to win are from down state, and most of those people could care less about the fracking issue.  Thus, in my opinion this issue will NOT make or break the election for him.  He needs a MIRACLE to win, and that's about the only thing that will win it for him.

^---Truth.

Barring a highly unlikely come back tour, Liu's star is fading, not rising.  He ran for Mayor instead of rerunning for Comptroller because he knew he couldn't win either race, and losing for Mayor isn't as detrimental and losing as an incumbent Comptroller.  Now he tried for State Senate in a heavy Asian district and failed.  He will now have to downshift once again and run for either an Assembly District or a City Council District.  If he loses either one of those, stick a fork in him.

Edited by Sogaard

You betcha - its all about "eventually". "Eventually" we will get rid of all of the old bass-turds who been running the show... We warned all we are young and here to stay. Lol - like we are going to go away- the fantasy of the weak... Fact of life: They get older and we get smarter...

Avella, described as "unbeatable" in his district, only won yesterday by 568 votes with the smallest democratic turnout in 10 years. Within ten years, and likely in only 2 years, NY Dove Hunting can and will get Liu well over 568 votes... No, we wont do it talking about dove hunting or hunting at all in NYC. We will do it with other issues.

Here are two articles. The second one has an interactive map on the bottom that should be saved for reference to use in the future.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2014/09/8552232/avella-puts-lius-comeback-attempt-hold?news-image

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2014/09/8552038/capital-state-senate-election-tracker-primary-day-2014?top-featured-3

Edited by mike rossi

Poor turn-out in my area.  I didn't get to the polling place until 8:40 last night and I was number 109.  The staffers said less than 10% turn out across the parties in my town.

The usual block-voters got their candidates in - they cover both parties here.  Which means I am most-likely in a lose-lose position for election day - both Rep. and Dem. candidates are bought and paid for.

Hope Rick Astorine drops the Fracking, I am not for fracking at all - bad environmental practice.  But we got to get rid of Cuomo.

If Astorino got the vote of both the pro-gun and anti-frack, wouldn't that increase his chances? Especially since earlier Cuomo had somewhat advocated for fracking, and recently is being vague in saying that he will use science-based decisions not emotional ones about fracking. My interpretation of that is Astorino is saying drill baby drill and Coumo is saying "maybe". If Astorino said NO and Cuomo said "maybe", someone would gain friends...

Apparently, either Astorino believes in fracking or thinks he can win with his stance. And he just might win despite a pro-fracking platform. But he would be more likely to win if he was more moderate.

Meanwhile the voting democrats are leaning more and more toward the 'progressive' end of the spectrum. Typical union involvement mostly, but frightening nonetheless. Seems that even the more conservative democrats aren't safe from the onslaught any more.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/andrew-cuomo-primary-disappointment/2014/09/10/id/593858/