What do these signs mean

ryan

Seriously though, the sharper the point where the hoof comes together the younger the deer and more likely it's a doe. The bucks usually have a more round point to the hoof, from pawing/scraping the ground when they "mark their territory." When you are walking around find a major trail, one that is like a cow path, then start looking around for a smaller sub trail. The secondary trail is usually where the bucks run 10-20 yards off the main trail, that's where you'll find rubs. Good luck!

How far away from the trail should I set up my ground blind

Just where you feel comfortable, but obviously within your shooting range. I want to stress that you keep wind direction, speed, and swirl in mind. If you know where their bedding & feeding areas are, try to set up somewhere in the middle. You should also plan your route into the blind, again taking wind into consideration. It would be wise to have spots picked out for every wind direction. With a pair of pruning shears and some natural fiber twine you can make some pretty sweet blinds. Good luck and keep on asking questions, that's what we're here for.
  • Like 1

Just where you feel comfortable, but obviously within your shooting range. I want to stress that you keep wind direction, speed, and swirl in mind. If you know where their bedding & feeding areas are, try to set up somewhere in the middle. You should also plan your route into the blind, again taking wind into consideration. It would be wise to have spots picked out for every wind direction. With a pair of pruning shears and some natural fiber twine you can make some pretty sweet blinds. Good luck and keep on asking questions, that's what we're here for.

Thanks predate I will be using a pop up blind me and a buddy.... From the parking my spot is in a north eastern direction if there is north western wind which would be the best approach . Taking that I won't be able to approach from the south

Thanks predate I will be using a pop up blind me and a buddy.... From the parking my spot is in a north eastern direction if there is north western wind which would be the best approach . Taking that I won't be able to approach from the south