Coyotes

Gun Jammed

Lets get something straight here..

#1 illegal is illegal I don't care whos doing it

# 2 I am sick of hearing how great these yotes are...and all the many things they do not do...I'm calling BS to this and that's from experience that dates back well over 30 yrs...

Lost stock ...being stalked by a pack mere feet from me ..driving down a winter road to have a deer tongue hanging out charging at us in the other lane to a big yote chasing it...and no not a mutt, shepherd,or husky. having livestock killed and the DEC confirm it to be big yotes and the county pay us for the loss   ect..ect  ...ect.....So please don't go misleading ppl on the damage they do...We have friends from 4-H across 3 counties that have given up both sheep and beef farming due to yote predation.

#3 Have no doubt that some wanting to make sure there is only a fall winter season on them and not ppl trying to wipe them out are...... some of the same ppl make making a tidy some of $$$ trapping hunting and running dogs during that time and getting the best prices on winter pelts.

Lets get something else straight...If you or anybody else came here and stole my property, threaten me or my family or try to ruin what i worked my life for...They will probably get shot also!  There is a breaking point and i myself give a rats behind what some guy sitting in an office tells me what to do about my problems! I will deal with them my way.

Thats like a state trying to protect a deer from CWD that will not kill them for years but a country will not protect its people by letting every Tom,Dick and Harry bring a bug in from another country!  You want these same assclowns to run your life,have at it. Not Me!!!!

Lets get something else straight...If you or anybody else came here and stole my property, threaten me or my family or try to ruin what i worked my life for...They will probably get shot also!

Why even bring it to that level, stop jumping off the deep end man. No one said they had intentions of going to your land to do anything. You go from attacking coyotes to attacking people, they're entitled to an opinion and she was agreeing with her concerns of the pack of coyotes and the population.

• Like 1

the weather has been warm and it's early in the year so be patient. Are you getting yotes on your cams too or just hearing them?

I'd say for every 20 pics of deer I have 1 pic of 2 coyotes running together. We easily have 9 fawns running around with does still. I don't know about the OP but figured I'd chime in with what I'm experiencing.

• Like 1

Why even bring it to that level, stop jumping off the deep end man. No one said they had intentions of going to your land to do anything. You go from attacking coyotes to attacking people, they're entitled to an opinion and she was agreeing with her concerns of the pack of coyotes and the population.

I think he's saying the coyotes are trespassing and stealing his deer. Because they have no right to. It's not their land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got 1 on cam, it was just weird I had pics of deer every single day and I mean all times of day, I pulled cams and up until 6 days before the season there was zero pics of deer. Lol I think it's just cause the damn deer know it's hunting time now so I'm not surprised I just haven't been able to get the deer to come close enough to shoot. I'm just blaming this I guess on the easy target the coyotes lol!

You took the whole post wrong. Point being if you all want to live by the so called rules and let something in your personal life be ruined because of what some white shirt,blue tie says he thinks that this is how it should be then you have at it. I will do what is right by me and my property regardless. Every situation is different and if you saw and lived with some of the things that we do around here many would sing a different tune. Around these parts coyotes are shot on site 24/7 365 and have been for some time. They keep comin and they keep...well you know the rest.

I wonder if some of you that agree and live by the word of the book agree with Andy,s way of thinking also and live by his rule? Must be i am old school because i dont!

You took the whole post wrong. Point being if you all want to live by the so called rules and let something in your personal life be ruined because of what some white shirt,blue tie says he thinks that this is how it should be then you have at it. I will do what is right by me and my property regardless. Every situation is different and if you saw and lived with some of the things that we do around here many would sing a different tune. Around these parts coyotes are shot on site 24/7 365 and have been for some time. They keep comin and they keep...well you know the rest.

I wonder if some of you that agree and live by the word of the book agree with Andy,s way of thinking also and live by his rule? Must be i am old school because i dont!

Mine as well shoot your deer out of season too with that thought process. Get 'em before the coyotes do. FYI I despise yotes and will shoot every one I see DURING season. 

Edited by turkeyfeathers

I probably provoked some of that rant because: 1) I like coyotes 2) I do not have any personal problems with coyotes 3) I believe the science that says killing them just increases their reproduction resulting in no net change in population 4) There have been coyotes my whole life and plenty deer most of the time.

My intention is not to provoke, it is to try to get those who have not yet learned a visceral hatred of these animals to educate themselves. If that requires pointing out some of their good points, so be it.

I would be outraged if coyotes got into my sheep. However, the deer do not belong to me. Wildlife is the property of the people of the state.

Got 1 on cam, it was just weird I had pics of deer every single day and I mean all times of day, I pulled cams and up until 6 days before the season there was zero pics of deer. Lol I think it's just cause the damn deer know it's hunting time now so I'm not surprised I just haven't been able to get the deer to come close enough to shoot. I'm just blaming this I guess on the easy target the coyotes lol!

again, it's been warm.perhaps a new food source has started producing or a field/crop was harvested? lots of variables. Don't freak. If yotes are there, it wouldn't be an instant shift. it'd be a gradual decline and you'd have seen most activity when they drop in the spring.

Just outta curiosity you fellas who want the coyote population down do you give trappers access after deer season is over....i have a few pieces like that where the landowner gives me permission to hunt/trap after deer season....but they want to see results otherwise they move on to next guy. ...just a idea helps both parties

• Like 1

I probably provoked some of that rant because: 1) I like coyotes 2) I do not have any personal problems with coyotes 3) I believe the science that says killing them just increases their reproduction resulting in no net change in population 4) There have been coyotes my whole life and plenty deer most of the time.

My intention is not to provoke, it is to try to get those who have not yet learned a visceral hatred of these animals to educate themselves. If that requires pointing out some of their good points, so be it.

I would be outraged if coyotes got into my sheep. However, the deer do not belong to me. Wildlife is the property of the people of the state.

You didnt provoke a rant. You got the truth. Like it or not. We are infested and if it takes killing them on site then thats the way it will be.Like it or not. In fact in order to hunt the monster mature bucks that live on my farms you had better be busting a cap on them on sight. You want to hunt turkeys you had better be folding them up when they come in and grab your decoy. Trust me, I have no lack of people willing and in fact do just that every season of the year just to hunt the great game on our farms. We refuse to let vermin wipe out what we hold dear and work hard to keep our hunting experience the best it can be at all times. By all means you continue to do what you think best on your property.

And i think your idea of them repopulating as fast as you take them out holds very little water. 

Both Mr B and son took their trapping courses a couple of weeks ago,,,just told son last night that he could make some real cash here this winter as well as at his place.

BTW I do not go around having a dislike for animals nor ppl with out a good reason...most of the guys on here know those reasons..I'm not at all shy....so they do not bare repeating,,,what happens in one area does not equate to happenings in other areas.

LET me say this clearly......both animals and ppl have basic instincts... BUT the group and individual personalities vary due to interactions in their home range/ environment ....chemical make up of their brains...Nothing in nature is a product of "cookie cutters"

oh and I took that as a rant against conformity in general not at me....though if it was ..."look in to my eye...do you see _ _ _ _?

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

sorry for misinterpreting your post. I don't allow anything to disturb my home or valued possessions as I work to hard for them. I stand on the same ground in regards to protecting these things to all legal extents unless something becomes life threatening. I grew up old school and have respect as a result. I cherish the things such as people showing respect around my mother, grandmother or wife. Enough about that though as this post was intended for information about coyotes and I don't want to step on the OP's thread. I'll gladly discuss family values in a different thread if you'd like.

You know, I have had more years when coyotes were not even resident in our area than years when they were. I got along just fine without them. I don't have any love affair with nature's little puppy dogs. They are simply something else to hunt and I have no problem with people engaging in legal hunting of a species that sits at the top of their food chain with no other controls but disease and cars. I am a believer that population control is good game management. It doesn't even bother me when they hold local coyote harvest contests, and guys come in with piles of them. Like I say, life was great before they got here, and it would be fine if they were wiped out again too. I simply don't care. Shoot the damned things if you want. Wipe them out if you can. It just doesn't matter.

• Like 1