Knapped Arrowheads

airedale

So a few years ago I picked up a few knapped arrowheads with the intention of mounting a couple on a cedar arrow basically just for a conversation piece and maybe a display. Yesterday I finally got around to do it, watched a video online and followed the man's detailed instructions with a bit of variation, I used Gorilla Glue to set the point and spyder wire fishing line to wrap, came out ok, it is a rock solid mount and I have no doubt that a Deer could be taken with a well placed shot. Not the real deal but I like it.

Al

2023-04-18_125337.png

2023-04-18_124904.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

• airedale changed the title to Knapped Arrowheads

Great Job! You should make up a couple of them and practice with them and then see if you could get a deer with one (any deer). I often thought it would be a great accomplishment to build a longbow and an arrow or two and take a deer with that kind of self-made archery equipment. Imagine how it would feel to take any deer with homemade archery equipment. I think I would be tempted to have even a doe mounted with the home-made bow and arrow hanging directly underneath.

• Like 2