Blood lights

Hoyt 300

Last evening at 6:10 I hit a nice mature Doe. After waiting 30 minutes I climbed down ,found the arrow , good bright red blood ,good blood on the ground. I had heard her crash and figured she wasn't far. The blood trail was very limited. My Son came out and he instantly found the trail. Apparently as I'm aging I'm losing some color vision at dusk. Has any one had any luck with the Blood Lights, If so what is the best one. She only ran 40 yds. Quick recovery

post-112-0-76421800-1412501688_thumb.jpg

I am color blind so this is something I've done and tried. ...it works....i bought the cheap Remington flashlight from walmart with the red and blue blood finding color. ...the blue really makes the blood jump right out even I can see it. I tracked my deer myself the last 2 seasons because of it. Normally have to call for backup before I trample all over it....

I go on a lot of blood tracks with my dogs each fall. I really like carrying two Jet Beam BA 20's. They have hat clips on them and run on 2AA's. I take a pocket full of rechargables with me, and I am good to go for the evening. It is a really good ligh color with even lighting. It has a normal setting and a bright setting. The bright setting really helps to glow the blood.

My oldest boy is colorblind. I will look into the Primos ligh for him so he can have some possible luck running tracks by himself.

I run AA's in my flashlights, phtography camera, and trail cameras. Rechargable Sanyo Eneloops are the only way to go. You can get them on Amazon for about $12 per four. I have been running all mine for about 4 years now, and they are still all going strong.

I am telling you, this is an awesome light that is very versitile.

Don't know about blood lights. However I own a large number of lights from Surefire,Streamilght,Four7s, Fenix ect.

I use a Fenix PD 35. Settings from 10 to 900 lumens. 140 hours at 10 and about 2 at the highest setting. 10 is plenty for back and forth in the dark and 900 will light up a whole football field likes it's day time.

Plenty bright at mid range settings for finding blood. I run a rechargeable stick but carry a set of cr 123a as back ups.

With luck I'll be lighting up a cut bean field tonight to recover my buck I plan to shoot .