Blast From The Past

airedale

Did a search on pack fishing rods and this came up, I remember the infomercials and surprised it is still around and for sale.

Al

Leave the hectic hustle and bustle of life behind and enjoy a care-free day of fishing with the Ronco Pocket Fisherman, it’s the product feared by fish everywhere!

2023-09-11_085236.png

• Like 3

I’ve got one but never used it.  I like a cheap telescoping rod a lot better for travel.  Fits in my suitcase just as well when retracted, yet still gives you a long rod for easy casting and to wear down fish.

DF8C6F73-FEDF-43ED-BE4A-12811F474287.thumb.jpeg.fe47670fa39cc3ddf197988f5e2ee6ea.jpeg

Had I not had it with me on a work trip when a blizzard stranded me in SanDiego on opening day of deer season last year, I’d have missed out on this consolation prize:

E37CA609-F061-45CF-BC9A-14E37AD479B5.thumb.jpeg.383d22afe6f7fae0378e0c2c27087b32.jpeg

I ended up with a Diawa Mini Spin take down, comes in a case that can be used to carry some tackle. It will fit in my motorcycle bags, I ride the dirt roads up on the tug and sometimes fish small steams, I drift salted buckeye minnows into culvert pipes that go under the roads for little Brookies. I also have a decent telescoping rog that works well.

Al

2023-09-11_223922.png

• Like 1