2023 HuntingNY Bow Hunting Harvest Thread

WNYBuckHunter

Post up pics of your 2023 Bow hunting harvests here!

Only pictures with the associated story will be allowed in this thread. If you want to congratulate someone, please do it by clicking on the "like this" button for the post. There will be no exceptions.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish to have comments in addition to posting the photo / story here.

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s how it went down this morning. 
I posted on this site I was headed for my stand.  The drive up the hill on my wheeler had to be slow because water was being thrown everywhere from all the rain. Still, from the house it takes little time for me to drive up, walk to my stand and settle. 

I was in and just ready at 7:05 when my phone started ringing from my wife’s phone which is totally not like her. I didn’t know if it was her or my grandson playing with her phone so I called them back. I was talking as quiet as possible and they were not responding so I hung up and texted them at 7:06. My wife responded to my text, and we made sure each other was ok, and I asked to not be called again unless it was necessary.   

As I was putting my phone in my pants pocket without dropping my bow that was in my lap while sitting down, I just glanced up to my left and there is a deer totally broadside standing there. My immediate thought was that it was a big bodied doe, I was without question going to shoot if possible, and being around  20 yards wondered if it had seen me. I never actually looked at its head and instead focused on where I wanted the arrow to hit.  

The deer just stood there as I raised my bow, aimed and released the shot.  I knew immediately it was a good shot because I heard the thwack but not the dreaded crack sound of hitting a shoulder.  I was pretty sure it was a pass through shot. The deer bolted about 30 or 40 yards uphill and just stood there. Then for one of the few times of my bow hunting experiences the deer went down in view. At 7:13 I texted my wife I just shot a big doe and had it down.  When I climbed down and went to the deer I discovered it actually was a spike on side presenting to me and a fork on the opposite.  

221BEEBB-EFE6-413D-9258-FE9C608F1D00.jpeg

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't hunted since I shot my buck but couldn't resist hunting in the snow this morning. 18 yds shot 10 minutes after light. She had a 6 pt and a 10pt dogging her, I waited 45 minutes to go get her and the smaller buck was still standing over her, he wouldn't leave. IMG_20231101_082019792.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...