Noise while driving my Quad

First-light

I have a 2011 Suzuki 400 King quad. Very low hours was just serviced by Arkport Cycles. When I brought it in I told them there was a noise coming from the front and back right tires. Happens at random times. Nothing to do with 4wd. I could be coasting down a hill in neutral and the noise pops up. Its sound like metal shifting and banging together. Its been happening for a few years only in the front but this year the back started. They told me everything is fine. To me seems like something is wrong with brakes?  FYI has nothing to do with turning, can happen when accelerating or decelerating.   Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

FL

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

My guess would be, you have brakes not releasing all the way, and dragging slightly on the rotor or drum?

That's what I'm thinking but they said it all looked fine. I'm putting up posted signs on new lease later today. I may try to take a video and I'll post it. Arkport asked for a video also. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, First-light said:

Fixed

So it only does it when letting off the throttle ?  I see in your initial post you said anytime but seems it was when you let off .  
Can you feel it in like the handle bars etc. when it does it ? Or try this , hold your right leg/ calf right on your cvt cover ( black cover ) and get it to do it and  see if you can feel the clunk with your leg. 

Edited by rob-c

53 minutes ago, rob-c said:

So it only does it when letting off the throttle ?  I see in your initial post you said anytime but seems it was when you let off .  
Can you feel it in like the handle bars etc. when it does it ? Or try this , hold your right leg/ calf right on your cvt cover ( black cover ) and get it to do it and  see if you can feel the clunk with your leg. 

Rob on the video it does it when I let off correct. But it has done it at all different times. It even happens if I'm coasting down a hill in neutral. I should try coasting down the hill with it shut off??

53 minutes ago, First-light said:

Rob on the video it does it when I let off correct. But it has done it at all different times. It even happens if I'm coasting down a hill in neutral. I should try coasting down the hill with it shut off??

So when it does  coasting down a hill is it when you hit the brakes or just random ? 

Edited by rob-c