Crappy Sunday....

DirtTime

Well, yesterday was about the worse day I have had in a couple years......

Went out to the yard to get some shooting in, felt pretty good about things, been shooting for a few weeks ( I know, noty long, but didn't have my bow till two weeks ago ), nice groups for the age of my bow and me being out of shape for bow. Still getting nice 3 and 4 inch groups at 25 & 35.

Planned on heading out tomorror morning to hunt.

Shot two arrows, the third I heard a odd sound, and my arrow went way left and into the plywood I have behind the target. I won't repeat what I said to myself. My arrow rest had broken. Again, I cannot say what I murmered. Took it off, returned it and went with a WB. Got home, put it on, and everything was off. I wasn't able to get the top end WB, so I can't adjust for up/down, only right/left. "OK, I guess I can hand;e this.". So back to the shop, get a bow qsuare, add a new knock and thought I was somewhat back in business. NOPE! Now, I cant group $pit, and something feels wrong. Really wrong. So, I take a break to thing things over. I never used to use a release, I was actually better with my fingers. So, I decided to shoot a few with my fingers. Low and behold, I shoot 4 arrows, 3" group at 25 yds, Just a bit low. Adjusted the sight a bit, and shot two more, band, just about dead center of the target. 2 inches apart. At this poing I am done for the day, irritated, and just wanted to watch the Bills loose again.

Came in the house, grabbed a beer, the g/f looks out the window and says "There you go! I knoew you get it all set.". I gulped half the beer, and said "Yep, just like before though, 20 years hasn't made me like a release. Ain't using that damn thing!".

Just shot a few more with fingers this afternoon, and same result out to 35 yds. Just about a 1/2 inch high and right in the center.

I guess I should be OK that I made a realization. I remember so much it has flooded my head. Trying to sort it all out again is rough. I will never take a year off from hunting again, much less frikin' almost 20.

bad things happen when the Jills loose to the Pats.

That's all ya got? The Jills? LOL! Been a Bills fan for 30+ years, heard'em all. Doesn't bother me anymore. I probable crack on them as much as anyone. I only talk smack when Giant or Jet fans give me crap, at least the Bills play where the name is. :rofl:

• Like 2

Nope. I have been a Bills fan since I was 10. I am loyal, and even though I once called "Rich Stadium" ( remember those days? ), and got through to the security booth and demanded, "I want the Bills arrested for impersonating a football team!", I am still loyal. I got a visit from my local Fuzz for that one, and had to explain it was just a joke.....That's actually very true. I don't BS. I have no need to.

• Like 1

Sorry to double post.

I was just siting here.....Lancaster.....Why do I know that area.........I lived in Rottenchester for a few years....But, the Buffalo area....??????????????

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks dropped right on my head! I had a g/f from that area! Really $lit on my life.

Anyway..........

Tomorrow I will sight with my broadheads and hopefully get in the woods for a hunt Thursday or Friday.

Replaced the old noching points, retuned and shot a few arrows with broadheads. Still getting nice groups out to what I feel is my effective range.

Weather will be crappy for a couple days, so will use that time to shoot more and make sure I am comfy with the bow and my gropus over that time.

Planning on hitting the woods Friday morning for the first time this season. Already have those pre-hunt gremlins in my belly.