Another tyrannical gun control proposal in Albany

Highest taxes, highest auto insurance rates, sky-high crime, yet legal gun owners remain the target of NYS. Proposed legislation Assembly Bill AB-3855.

This impacts hunters as well as any other gun owner.  Think hunting will thrive in NY if this becomes law?

It may not pass, but the fact it is even proposed proves NY Democrats hate you.  Any NY gun owner that votes for ANY Democrat is a fool!

1d.jpg

Edited by Grouse

Until current gunowners stand up and make a stand we will continue to get bombarded with these types of bills and laws. I was amazed at the number of permit holders I know that were not aware Hochul changed the pistol permit renewal in 2022 from five years to three years. At the same time she added requirements to the permit application process. Before one can even apply for a permit the following is required as of 2022:

II. MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR CLASSROOM TRAINING CURRICULUM Concealed carry firearm safety training must include 16 hours of in-person live classroom instruction conducted by a Duly Authorized Instructor.

III. MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR WRITTEN PROFICIENCY TEST Following completion of the 16-hour in-person classroom instruction each student must demonstrate proficiency by achieving a minimum correct answer score of 80% on a written test covering the course curriculum.

IV. MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR LIVE-FIRE TRAINING CURRICULUM Concealed carry firearm safety training must include 2 hours of live-fire training.

V. MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR LIVE-FIRE PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT Following completion of the 2-hour live-fire training, each student must demonstrate proficiency by successfully completing a live-fire assessment.

From what I have been told the live fire class/ test runs in the neighborhood of $200.

None of this will change until voters stop giving a single party total in power in Albany, that can do whatever the hell it wants to do, even if it's completely unconstitutional.

I doubt the founders ever envisioned a populace dumb enough to vote for anyone who violates the US Constitution at every turn.

On 1/31/2024 at 4:19 PM, Grouse said:

None of this will change until voters stop giving a single party total in power in Albany, that can do whatever the hell it wants to do, even if it's completely unconstitutional.

I doubt the founders ever envisioned a populace dumb enough to vote for anyone who violates the US Constitution at every turn.

Welcome to Ny. Home to oh so many idiots that would vote left even if their demise was on the line. 

• Like 1