Heading back this weekend... Any idea how it will be?

burmjohn

I covered out entire 100 acres...and probably traveled around about 400 acres on state land . one set of tracks and it went onto posted property. About 15 drivers and I am not sure how many watchers drove the big hunk of state land right next to our property on unday morning. not one shot out of that drive.

I did see a flock of 10 gobblers and a flock of 35 hens and juvies. Will be hunting Rochester this weekend and the muzzleloader. I know I will at least see some doe on that property. .....////did I sound convincing?..I am trying to convince myself of it...lol///

I have not seen a deer the entire gun season.  ZERO for seven days of hunting!!  First time in a LONG time that has happened to me.  I am hanging it up for this year.  Have had my fill.  The best hunting decision I ever made was to take that old bow out again this year where I was lucky enough to kill a deer, or otherwise I would have JACK to show for this hunting season.  My life will now return to the regular scheduled program!  LOL

what happened to all the deer you got all year long on trail cam? gotta find where those guys went. have you checked your food plot to see if there nailing it yet???

That is why I don't put out cameras OR plots.  Why get overly excited about what deer are doing before hunting season and then think the same deer will be walking in front of me when I'm waiting for them with a gun in my hand?  At least I don't ever get my hopes too high this way and then get disappointed in the end.  I could see few to NO deer just the same without having to spend the money and time on cameras and deer food.  LOL

If you bow hunt steve you have a pretty good chance of seeing the deer you have been watching all summer long come bow season. your right tho gun season those deer could be anywhere and maybe even some of the deer deeding on that particular food plot or showing up on cam may not even live on or near your property... but if they are those buck will usually return to there core area if they made it through gun season so far and come back to those food sources.