Take A Moment Today

Steve D

I lived it and lost some neighbors. I was off that day but had to report to Time magazine early the next morning. There were fighter jets over the house protecting our airspace it was surreal. We managed to print a magazine and have it delivered to NYC in 24 hrs. I never want to do this again. I had to stay in Manhattan for a few days. Bomb scares all the time and the smoke from Downtown was bad. Something that will always stay with me is the kindness that every person showed toward each other. In our darkest hours we will shine. That was amazing. I can remember coming home to the Huntington train station. My car was parked there for a few days. I was put up in a hotel for that time. There was this guy with a clip board and came up to me. He asked is this your car and I said yes. He replied thanks i can take you off the list of people not coming home. Enough said and I went home to my wife and kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1