What do Long Island Deer eat?

longislandhunter

I hunt out in Otis Pike and some other ares in Manorville and I have an important question?

As it gets colder and the rut ends I know that food sources are the place to be but besides acorns what do the deer in Long Island eat.  I know of a few fields but they look like they are just dried up grass??  I always see deer on TV feeding in fields but those are always lush green food plots.  Do deer feed on that dry hay looking grass in the fileds here?

So what should I be looking for as a food source for the late season her in long Island?

Thanks In Advance,

Frank

ive followed deer tracks in the snow and followed as they just walked around eating bark off of trees. they eat the acorns, graze in fields, farms, tree bark, bushes ive seen them eat alot of things. if you are looking to pin point exactly what they are eating in your neck of the woods well i dont think we can answer that not knowing your timber but if you have areas of food interest for deer on the property you hunt, well try it out.

goodluck