WTH Is Wrong With People!

DirtTime

Some people are just $#@*6! $#@!6%$#(*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !!!!!!!!

I got up to hit the potty this morning around 1 am. Get back into bed, just starting to fall asleep again and I hear:

Screachhhhhh...SCREACHHHHHHHHHH.......BANG! THUMP! BOOM!

Jump out of bed, look out the window and see an SUV stuck on the front hill of my yard. The g/f jumps up and looks out too. They try to get the thing unlodged from the hill, and can't. As I am dialing 911, they leave the vehicle on foot running. Young male and a young female.

I explain the best I can to the 911 operator what I saw and heard. When asked if anyone was hurt I said "How should I know? Two fled, and I am on the phone with you, not outside.".

2 minutes police arrive.

Apparently, they were speeding, lost control, bounced off the telephone pole, spun, and slammed into my hill. Then fled. The SUV was totaled. They cracked the pole, and put a 6' x 4' gouge in my lawn, and I have pieces of bumper, broken glass, and even a plate on my lawn.

National Grid was out there all night, as well as Verizon. Trying to fix $hi1. I will get some pics tomorrow. I left this morning before light with barely any sleep, and got home after dark.

What a great day of all day hunting. I was so mad I didn't even care if I saw a deer, much less killed one. I sat in a frozen daze all day. Never even nocked an arrow. Shouldn't have even gone out. Was a waste of a day. 

At least your safe and you will now get paid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. Thanks for reminding me of that dude. Still mad as hell though.

I won't get paid. I rent the house from my brother. I figure they were either drunk as a skunk and/or high, and the suv was stolen, or over all illegal. Why else would they run? Police say they can't give me any info right now, only the land owner.

Edited by JustRob

Just called to turn in the plate. It was gone. Police said I did the right thing and not moved it, yet they said in the future, move it. LOL. Said I hope this doesn't become a frequent issue.

They got the two people that fled, they live just over the bridge. Nice......

Ok so a couple kids acting like jerks ruined your whole hunting day?  Sounds a little over response to me.  They were caught no one was hurt and all is good.  

Yeah I have an issue with that pole and the wires that run on it. So do all my neighbors. 3 years ago the insulation on the wires caught fire, set fire to a three in my back neighbors yard, then broke off and were arching all over the place. The whole block was trapped in our homes because we could not leave as the wires were in the street. They 'fixed' it, and a week later another wire surged and blew the transformer box. So, yeah, I still have my worries. <^>

Here are the pics I took yesterday morning before cleaning it up.

Edited by JustRob

ok then why didn't you stay home to be safe if you were so worried?

The g/f told me being home wouldn't do any good, and the buddy that was picking me up seemed pissed off when I said I wanted to bail on the day. So I went. Figured being in the woods would help. It didn't. So what?

Really? You really want to make this of all things a font war? C'mon.

:laugh:

Grab a seat everyone.....Here we go...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:popcorn1:

If you rent the house why do you care about the lawn?

No clue how to answer that one. Most people care about their lawn. I do, and my g/f is worse.

Not at this point in time. But come spring, I will have to fix it. I love my brother, but he has a daughter going to school in Spain, so getting him to fix anything around here is like asking Cuomo to back off. Fat chance.

It's more the city and NG I am worried about. They do things half a$$3d in my area, so there is a concern for safety.

I guess I made the thread because of all the people making comments about people in the woods that are clueless. It's not just in the woods. Stupidity is a plague, and it hits everywhere.

This thread in a direct way, ties into people stealing, trespassing, and just acting like idiots. The respect for what you can do to other peoples land, or even worse, people, has gone away. It just seems more and more people don't care what they do. They just do it.

What if that accident had been caused by a police chase, or even worse, a bunch of gang-bangers? It could have led to far worse then me just worrying about a cracked pole, damages lawn, and some debris.

Not to be an a$$, but we don't all live in crystal castles and Cinderella is the closest neighbor.

Anyway.......................

My brother doesn't fix anything the law doesn't require him to fix.

Sorry about the crystal castle thing. It may have been taken out of context. Never lived anywhere where the landlord took care of this kind of stuff.

Wow, I've never rented where the landlord DIDN'T take care of that kind of stuff.  It is after all their property.