Opening Day

bkln

First time in I don't know how many years that no one in my group harvested anything on opening weekend. We usually have at least 2 hanging by the 2nd day. This year so far nothing. Last year I tagged out on Saturday filling my doe tag in the morning and my buck tag in the afternoon. This is not a good start.

Sent with Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy 4

Since going Rifle hear less than when Shot gun only, use to hear 5 shot bursts and you know they were shooting at tails. Yesterday heard about 20 shots 5:30am up to 1pm. Seen 3 doe after a couple shots at the top of MY land (no one was to be there?) Doe came about 10-5yrds by me stood watched back still for a while one had a hurt rear hoof? I waited maybe trespasser missed or buck would follow doe up. If your hunting rifle on snow and get a good shot it should be a good clean kill, if you hear 5 shots out a rifle you either are a poor shot or filling brown its down. I hate the Brown its downers.

4 out of 5 hunters harvested bucks yesterday on 100 acres of property

7J Fennner

To many shots to count well over a hundred by 9.00 AM

Hunted in Fabius at night shooting started around 2.30 and was constant unti 4.30

Just not be me ..

The neighbor of my property shot a nice eight at 4.00 also 7J

Just got home from hunting and watched a large 8 point mount a doe on hillside on the side of the road Chittenago

The rut for sure is on around here

Yesterdays opener report for 9H

Heard honestly 150-200 shots echoing thru the woods by 10 am. These shots are traveling miles in sound. Nothing within a half mile of me. Saw 14 deer for me that's pretty good. No good bucks but a  fat doe did come home with me. Snow and wind picked up. No shots nor deer spotted from 10 or so til 12:30

8G  Brother shot a nice 8 point and counted 30 by 9 am. Went home and sat for a few afternoon hours. Saw 10 more. 

He had buttons sparring in front of him and other non shooters chasing does all morning.