Couple quick questions....

zeus1gdsm

So I've been putting in a lot of time since northern tier opened... Sat mornings in place by sunrise.. And again sun morn and evening.. Even took a bunch of time off.. Figure at 3-4 hrs a trip I've invested over 40 hrs.. I've been in 6k, 6p and 6r. No luck and each spot is different type of terrain... Plenty of sign. All over... I've seen a couple way far off. But nothing close enough to even sex.

Boo hoo for me:(. Banging in to work tomorrow and putting in another full day. Going to 6k region in hopes of using my DMP.

Question 1) should I be still hunting or simply sitting? Its state land and I did both this morning... Tons of sign no visual.. I have one decent comfortable sit spot I know of with good field of view.. I only have 4 possible outings left and I'm scrambling to hook up with something.

2) one of my Itasca's heelbplate has separated a little and is sucking some water and squeeking with each step... Shoe goo to seal it up?

Thanks

****edit just ckecked the calander I'm probably over 60 or 70 hrs at this point. Wish it was more but with 2 toddlers I'm thankfully the wife has been good about it

Edited by zeus1gdsm

I live and hunt in 6S. Put as many hours as possible in this year mainly hunting mornings and have only seen one deer that i got on opening weekend. Also have been hunting at our hunting camp in 5H and haven't seen a single deer. Must just be a bad year for my area. I'd continue sitting in the same spot. You're bound to see deer eventually.

I'm unfamiliar with the area but sitting over sign would be my go to. I personally have had zero success on still hunting and stalking where others have lots of success. If it's state land hopefully someone will shove some deer to you. Have you found where they are bedding ? Seems like pines are hot spot for a lot of guys I know. Any good food sources they are hitting you can set up on the trails leading to them ?

I think Shoo goo should fix that problem. I used some Sun patch designed for waders on my rubber boots. Found out beforehand how  the trout stream I cross is really cold before patching hole.

Serious acorn abundance.. Ridges with pine and hardwoods.. On my still hunting today I found 2 bedding areas. Fairly close to my spot.... Also it seems someone visited the spot while I was gone for an hour... Earth was tore up. Acorn pieces and fresh scat nearby.

Play the wind in your favor and set up there IMO