Muzzle Loader Bullets

eagle rider

Hard to say with out shooting it. But it might not be too far off.   My ML is sighted in with  300gr Hornady XTP's.  But the 300gr Shock Waves fly almost the same (with in 2") with the same charge. ( 100 grains of pyrodex-pellets)        Shoot em before you hunt.

Edited by ants
  • Like 1

Why switch? Any experience with the 245gr Powerbelts? I used them before and wished I never had! They shot and grouped great, but left NO blood trail, even with perfectly placed broadside shots! If it wouldn't have been for snow, so I could follow their tracks, I never would have found the deer or known I had hit them!!

Sent from my VS980 4G

Edited by Cabin Fever

A friend of mine shot a deer a few years back with a power belt. 40 yards or so and the deer only went 30- 40 yds but the bullet blew up inside and there was no exit hole. I think it was a 250 gr bullet in front of 100gns of triple 7. when we gutted it there were tiny pieces of copper shrapnel everywhere,  and his insides were soup.

• Like 1