Cornell late season

Geno C

I dont think she was barren... She had very big nipples and the milk sack was there. rutting activity in my area was extremely low. unless majority took place at night, myself among many others who had logged a ton of hours agreed, rutting activity was as low as it could be. Maybe she didnt happen to take? She was a very large doe, even the trooper said she was prob carrying a fetus, but she wasnt. 

i dont shoot the small ones, even tho they are giving me tags. I shot one before with the bow a long time ago, wasnt much meat at all. tasted awesome.. but just not wired to shoot them small ones, unless it was a terrible season and needed some meat or shot one by accident. besides, i drive up there almost 40 minutes, see a small one shoot it blow the woods out and see nothing the rest of the night or i sit and more deer show up, which seemed to be the case where i was.

Tempting to go try it out, but no permit for there and 4 hours or so from me.  Add in gas, food, hotel - expensive hunt for me.

If my kid gets into Cornell for next year and gets enough scholarship funds will have to keep this in mind for next year.  Visit my kid and go hunt together could be a nice long weekend.

Is it a shotgun only area or is rifle allowed?  Future planning...

I am new to Cornell University late season hunting program. I am interested in taking part in the Cornell University late season hunt but have some need information that is difficult to get without taking the 4 hour drive. I have signed up for the DMFA and the Cornell Dee Management Program. I would be extremely grateful for information on areas to select. I understand nobody is going to give out their favorite area but at least point me to a decent area to start. I also would like to know everyone's thoughts on if it is better to hunt with the bow or shotgun. In the regular season I much prefer bow but in this situation its a little different. I did not get a deer this year and would like to get a good size doe. Anyone with information please take a few minutes to reply to get me headed in the right direction. Thank you.

I am new to Cornell University late season hunting program. I am interested in taking part in the Cornell University late season hunt but have some need information that is difficult to get without taking the 4 hour drive. I have signed up for the DMFA and the Cornell Dee Management Program. I would be extremely grateful for information on areas to select. I understand nobody is going to give out their favorite area but at least point me to a decent area to start. I also would like to know everyone's thoughts on if it is better to hunt with the bow or shotgun. In the regular season I much prefer bow but in this situation its a little different. I did not get a deer this year and would like to get a good size doe. Anyone with information please take a few minutes to reply to get me headed in the right direction. Thank you.

yeah you sign up for the DMFA through DEC and then sign up through Cornell. Once you make an account for making reservations you can  view all the sites. at that point they have maps for each area. What i did was pulled up the maps through Cornell and correlated it to google maps to see what areas and spots appealed to me... you really can  go wrong, there are a lot of deer in that area.