What Are Your Plans For Sunday?

Lawdwaz

I am cranking up the woodstove for all its worth.  I hauled about a face-cord of split, seasoned ash onto the adjacent, covered, side porch yesterday.  Right now, I have the main living space up over 80 degrees and the bedrooms in the lower 70's.  The kids are huddled around the stove making crafts, wife watching TV and I am tying some buck-tail jigs.   A couple packs of ground venison are thawing (wife is making stuffed cabbage, our favorite for dinner).   After dinner, I will bundle up and clear the drifts from the driveways after letting the block-heater warm up the diesel tractor for a couple hours.  If it were just about 10 degrees warmer and a little less windy outside, I would do some snowshoeing. Conditions are otherwise perfect for that with 3 to 4 ft of powdery snow in most areas.    It has also been a little too cold for comfortable skating back on the pond over the last week or so, but the long range fore-cast looks warmer next week so hopefully those activities can resume for a while before we get the big melt-down.          

I am cranking up the woodstove for all its worth.  I hauled about a face-cord of split, seasoned ash onto the adjacent, covered, side porch yesterday.  Right now, I have the main living space up over 80 degrees and the bedrooms in the lower 70's.  The kids are huddled around the stove making crafts, wife watching TV and I am tying some buck-tail jigs.   A couple packs of ground venison are thawing (wife is making stuffed cabbage, our favorite for dinner).   After dinner, I will bundle up and clear the drifts from the driveways after letting the block-heater warm up the diesel tractor for a couple hours.  If it were just about 10 degrees warmer and a little less windy outside, I would do some snowshoeing. Conditions are otherwise perfect for that with 3 to 4 ft of powdery snow in most areas.    It has also been a little too cold for comfortable skating back on the pond over the last week or so, but the long range fore-cast looks warmer next week so hopefully those activities can resume for a while before we get the big melt-down.          

You got my attention with that stuffed cabbage!

Tonight we are having kielbasa and sour kraut.  Tomorrow, a 13lb turkey..........thanks growie!!

I wonder why sooo much of my life revolves around food? I think I need professional help........................................... :(

Poured some liquid salt on the ice block on the roof. Hammered some off, but not all. More to go. Raked some snow off roof last night. Having chicken dinner with stuffing and baked squash. Movie tonight and resting tomorrow due to day off. We cancelled crow hunting due to winds and wind chill. Coyote hunting is slim pickings right now.

TURKEY SOUP PARTY AT GROWIE"S PLACE...!!!

I'll bring a big dish of french fried criddly-dids  and a huge casserole of marshmallow cream corn willie fritters  !!

Ants..Bring the BEER !!

Beer?...........................OK for snick snack time but for dinner we go with the Riesling.  :)

What time do we show up?

The stuffed cabbage was awesome and I will be sure to pack some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I didn't get as many jigs tied today as I was hoping for because the roof started dripping from an ice dam.  I did manage to get that cleared and all of the snow shoveled off from that area, plus got the vents up there cleared of snow.  I have never used anything for smallmouth bass that came close to my hand-tied buck-tail jigs.  The lake at the in-laws new camp in the Adirondacks is loaded with smallies and snags so I go thru plenty of them.  I devote about equal time and energy to smallmouth bass and whitetail deer  and I would be hard pressed to choose one over the other.  I feel very blessed to have both available nearby.  It don't hurt that they both taste great also.  Speaking of food, I brought up some vacuum sealed fillets from the basement freezer and it will be smallmouth bass fish tacos for dinner tomorrow.  They are as good as the Mahi-mahi ones they make down in San Diego CA.  Right about now, after that episode up on the frozen roof, I would give them the edge in the weather department though.     

The stuffed cabbage was awesome and I will be sure to pack some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I didn't get as many jigs tied today as I was hoping for because the roof started dripping from an ice dam.  I did manage to get that cleared and all of the snow shoveled off from that area, plus got the vents up there cleared of snow.  I have never used anything for smallmouth bass that came close to my hand-tied buck-tail jigs.  The lake at the in-laws new camp in the Adirondacks is loaded with smallies and snags so I go thru plenty of them.  I devote about equal time and energy to smallmouth bass and whitetail deer  and I would be hard pressed to choose one over the other.  I feel very blessed to have both available nearby.  It don't hurt that they both taste great also.  Speaking of food, I brought up some vacuum sealed fillets from the basement freezer and it will be smallmouth bass fish tacos for dinner tomorrow.  They are as good as the Mahi-mahi ones they make down in San Diego CA.  Right about now, after that episode up on the frozen roof, I would give them the edge in the weather department though.     

You're gonna fit in just fine around here................................ :)

Well for days like yesterday I keep supplies/ ingredients on hand for making some home brew......put together a IPA from Niagara Home Brew.....only bad part is I have to wait a few weeks to bottle and drink.

Thats why I prefer the instant kind. Just add bottle opener...

• Like 1