Who video's their hunt? If so how? Post some videos!

JCTheGC

• 3 weeks later...

I started bringing the video with me years ago. Never taped a kill but came close a few times taping my friend shooting and missing. I turned hours and hours of footage into a 1.5 hr movie composed in final cut pro. It's something I will always have at camp to show newbies and it's cool every so often to break out and watch with old friends who have seen it a million times. It did take a long time to complete but was worth it. If I have some time I will post some of my favorite scenes.

Burt

i really want to break into this venture this year and try it... My brother does photography and does really great video editing, however he is not a hunter and will not sit in the woods for me... maybe i will try to get the wife to come in the woods with me this year. Getting her to start hunting is my next task.

cool vids eddie

Remember one thing, if your out there to kill a huge trophy you could blow the deal fooling around with the video equipment. It's a trade off that you have to be able to deal with. I would use the camera that mounts to your bow and you can turn it on and off with a remote. Just some thoughts-have fun!

Remember one thing, if your out there to kill a huge trophy you could blow the deal fooling around with the video equipment. It's a trade off that you have to be able to deal with. I would use the camera that mounts to your bow and you can turn it on and off with a remote. Just some thoughts-have fun!

My wife bought one of the EPIC cameras for Christmas in 2008 . I used it last year , thought I had it turned on and shot the deer with the bow only to find out it wasn't on ....... ;) .. :) .. :)

• 3 weeks later...

lol we had a local moron here do some videoing. He posted a date/time stamp on the video.  He posted it on a local website and a lot of bragging.  Long story short the fool was videoing after legal hours hunts.  He got a visit from the DEC and  a handfull of tickets, and they stuck. Just be aware is all.