Lost my dog...My best friend

ApexerER

I have owned hunting dogs ever since I was a young boy and I currently have 3 beagles. I have gone through your pain and depression each and every time that I lost a dog or had to have one put to sleep. Yes- you will miss him and the good times you had with him. But when you are feeling low, just think of the wonderful life that you gave him and think of how many dogs out there are not as fortunate. My advice to you is simple. As soon as you get over the initial pain, please go out and get another dog and give that dog a wonderful life too. Think of all of the poor dogs out there who never enjoyed the good life you gave your dog, and give that same gift of a wonderful life to another dog. You will not regret it. Your dog lived to the human life equivalent of 91 yrs. of age and you could not ask for more. Go and give another dog that love and friendship.

I had dogs all my life, raised them from pups and sold as trained hunting dogs. I felt the same way just like you lost a child or wife to illness when they passed away. You will over time get over the loss, but will remember the best of times hunting with your dogs. At 73 I no longer have any but can think back to working with the young pups, seeing them run there first rabbit or hare, the sound of 4 dogs running as a pack, Most of my dogs passed away at 15 years on a average, one little 13 inch girl named Judy would get so mad that she no longer could run with the young pups, I would put her in my hunting coat, game bag, she would bark with the pack as they ran a rabbit.

Bill

• Like 2

Truly, there is no other version of trust, love and caring than the bond between a human and their dog. It just does not exist to that level between any other two individuals. Even from one human toward another, it can never rival that unconditional purity of devotion that a dog has toward its owner. It is truly hard to have that suddenly end. In fact it has been so difficult in the past that my wife and I have decided not to have pets ever again to get that attached to. It really gets to be that painful when they leave.